Budget (including currency): ~1000e

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft Shadowlands, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, etc

Other details

Hello everyone, this is my current build that i had for the last 8 years including some hardware i had to replace.

PC Case: Zalman Z11 plus

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 

CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken M22

MB: MSI Z87-G43 Gaming ATX ( LGA 1150)
RAM: G.SKill Sniper Series 16GB DDR3-2400 CL11

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Additional Storage: WD Caviar Green 2TB

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC 8GB

PSU: Xilence Perfomance C 700W

With my current build i have been experiencing bottlenecking when the system remains idle for some time before starting a game and from looking at resource monitor my GPU utilization is around 3-5%

Unfortunately i am indesicive of choosing between an AMD and an Intel CPU but i would like my future build to have the prospect to last me for 4-5 years, or maybe more.

I know that in this day and age it is impossible to build a "future proof" PC since things tend to change almost on a yearly basis. 

Attached to this post is an excel with my current considerations ( PC Case, CPU, MB, RAM, PSU).

I am open to suggestions or recommendations regarding parts ( that is why i am here after all).

PC Build Potential HW.xlsx

5600x 3070, what resoultion do you play at?

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

with 1000 euros, you won't get something much better than what you already have. i'd suggest upgrading in stages. keep your current gpu and upgrade the rest and then when you've saved more money, make a more significant gpu upgrade.

i'd go with the ryzen 5 5600x on a good b550 motherboard, 16gb of fast ram, a good psu like a corsair rm or rmx 750.

55 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

5600x 3070, what resoultion do you play at?

I do play at 1080p and since my gtx 770 gave up on me this year i had to buy a new one before the rtx 30xx gen came out. I have replaced my old monitor with an AOC G2590 FX but i don't consider playing in higher resolutions at the moment

42 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

with 1000 euros, you won't get something much better than what you already have. i'd suggest upgrading in stages. keep your current gpu and upgrade the rest and then when you've saved more money, make a more significant gpu upgrade.

i'd go with the ryzen 5 5600x on a good b550 motherboard, 16gb of fast ram, a good psu like a corsair rm or rmx 750.

That is my plan to upgrade in stages but since i have reached the point where i have to replace the CPU,  Motherboard, PSU and RAM  i thought i might as well replace the case as well. Ofcourse I wouldn't consider replacing my GPU since i have purchased it this year. What is the difference between a B550 and a X750? Because from what i've read so far X750 seems to be a higher tier but to be honest it does seem to have some unnecessary features i might never use, ie multiple M2 slots. 

3 minutes ago, RenosK said:

That is my plan to upgrade in stages but since i have reached the point where i have to replace the CPU,  Motherboard, PSU and RAM  i thought i might as well replace the case as well. Ofcourse I wouldn't consider replacing my GPU since i have purchased it this year. What is the difference between a B550 and a X750? Because from what i've read so far X750 seems to be a higher tier but to be honest it does seem to have some unnecessary features i might never use, ie multiple M2 slots. 

yes, x570 is if you need lots of m.2 and sata slots. Get a b550 tomahawk, great motherboard

13 minutes ago, RenosK said:

Yeah, the x570 has more storage and connectivity capacity. If you don't need more than 2 m.2 and 6 sata drives and 6 or so usbs, b550 is enough.

33 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Yeah, the x570 has more storage and connectivity capacity. If you don't need more than 2 m.2 and 6 sata drives and 6 or so usbs, b550 is enough.

@boggy77 Well from what i can tell definetly a b550 would be optimal for me since i will be saving some money. Thank you for your advice. 

43 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

yes, x570 is if you need lots of m.2 and sata slots. Get a b550 tomahawk, great motherboard

@Ankh Tech Thank you for your recommendation.  I do own an MSI motherboard at the moment i would prefer a motherboard with a few more slots. Is Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro any good? 

Just now, RenosK said:

@boggy77 Well from what i can tell definetly a b550 would be optimal for me since i will be saving some money. Thank you for your advice. 

@Ankh Tech Thank you for your recommendation.  I do own an MSI motherboard at the moment i would prefer a motherboard with a few more slots. Is Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro any good? 

too overpriced for a b550, same price as a x570 tomahawk i think. The b550 tomahawk has many expansion slots

3 minutes ago, RenosK said:

Yes the pro is good. The elite is good as well, if it has all the slots you need. It should be cheaper than the pro. Just make sure it's the Atx version, not the matx