Case fan control

I'm running 3 Noctua NF-A14 fans on a gigabyte x570 motherboard. I'm using the vrm sensor to set the fans at a constant 70% speed until temps reach 50c, then it starts ramping up. Wandering if there's a better option/sensor to use or if there's a way to use GPU temps to control case fans

I don't know about your Gigabyte mobo but my Asus can set any or even all sensor(s) to control any fan. I would suggest to use the CPU temp to control fans at least for fans that pulls air to that (or CPU radiator if you have watercooling).

for the flex if you have a 5.25" bay

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/25246/

Otherwise i would try something like speedfan to see if you can set it up to run your case fans as gpu temps go up.

You might also want to try one of the fancier silverstone or corsair fan controllers which have software to control the fan speeds for various conditions.

33 minutes ago, 8tg said:

for the flex if you have a 5.25" bay

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/25246/

Otherwise i would try something like speedfan to see if you can set it up to run your case fans as gpu temps go up.

You might also want to try one of the fancier silverstone or corsair fan controllers which have software to control the fan speeds for various conditions.

It seems speedfan hasn't been maintained for quite sometime. I tried it recently, and can detect SSD and HDD but not any fan sensor.

I was looking for a easy way to control fans based on GPU temp. Corsair Commander can do it but expensive. EK also has it own RGB/fan control hub, but no sure how buggy the software is. And then Aquacomputer Quadro controller, which is quite propular among watercooling enthusiasts.

On the hunt for something better myself. Argus monitor will allow you to use different temp reading points, inc. gpu, to control fans, but you have to pay to use it beyond 30 days.
E: Fan control, free software, works great, simple interface https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W