Concerned about my GPU bottlenecking

Windows 10 64bit, 2 - 8gb 3200mhz DIMM, Ryzen 7 3700x w/ case fan, Gigabyte RX 580, Corsair CXM 650 PSU, 1tb WD HDD storage, 1tb WD m.2 nvme boot drive, Asus Strix X570e - gaming motherboard.

All of the most recent driver updates have been installed and it runs fine normally for youtube and daily task. However, as soon as I start any game the frame rate drops significantly I can get up to 125fps when standing still, but when I move my cursor even slightly the game will freeze for a few seconds, lag, or even shut down. This was a second hand build so I wont complain as its my very first build but there is obviously wrong, and I would like to sort it out.

LTTForums.jpg

Needs more ram, slap another stick in there and clean up your internal connections. 

Doesn't seem like a hardware issue. While the 3700X is way more powerful than a 580, it shouldn't be doing that, do you have your game settings set on something crazy like 4k or something.

23 hours ago, Heliian said:

Needs more ram, slap another stick in there and clean up your internal connections. 

I guess another stick of ram wouldn't hurt.

23 hours ago, Coolmaster said:

Doesn't seem like a hardware issue. While the 3700X is way more powerful than a 580, it shouldn't be doing that, do you have your game settings set on something crazy like 4k or something.

No, even on very low it will stutter.

Thank you both for your input :)

Went to go and get some more ram cleaned up the internal wiring and the problem still persist. Do you have any more suggestions?