AMD RYZEN 5 3600X or Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake

Hey guys. Quick question, for mainly gaming and not much more should I go for AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-Core 3.8 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) or Intel Core i5-9600K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo). I understand that I would also need a CPU cooler if I decide to go Intel so I would go for a Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler. Opinions and guidance for a first time builder please. Also would appreciate some budget but effective motherboard suggestions please.

Also I think it is worth mentioning that I can get the Intel CPU and cooler for less than the AMD.

3600X between the two, though the 3600 non-X is pretty much the same thing, except for the slightly better stock cooler the X comes with.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Oh yeah I know the X is not that big of a difference from the non-x/ But odd enough I can get the X for less than the non-x from a deal I am looking at right now.

So even if price is not the issue the AMD chip is still better than the Intel between these two?

What are you using it for just gaming or as an all round machine? How much of a price difference? I would go with the 3600x

10 minutes ago, Tomthehitman said:

What are you using it for just gaming or as an all round machine? How much of a price difference? I would go with the 3600x

An all around machine that is capable of decent gaming. I might get into graphic design but nothing too intensive.

.Price difference is $277.49 for the AMD whereas the Intel chip is $199.99. I would have to get a cooler with the Intel though so about an additional $35-$40 for that.

1 hour ago, Oshane Davidson said:

An all around machine that is capable of decent gaming. I might get into graphic design but nothing too intensive.

.Price difference is $277.49 for the AMD whereas the Intel chip is $199.99. I would have to get a cooler with the Intel though so about an additional $35-$40 for that.

Yea in that case I would go with the 3600x also because you then have upgrade options in the future with the mobo.