M.2 and possible BIOS issue...help!

BabehBackRibs

M.2 and (possibly) BIOS issue...a quick question

So I recently decided I wanted to install a slightly bigger m.2 drive, a 500GB WD Blue. I installed the new drive and my PC refuses to boot and can't enter the BIOS either (it hangs on the Gigabyte boot screen).

My old m.2 seems to work fine so I'm thinking maybe it's a BIOS issue and I need to update it to get this new drive working. Current BIOS version is F32. I think I would need to update to F40, then to F41 (which should improve m.2 ssd support based on the BIOS version descriptions

My question is...if F40 adds support for Ryzen 3rd Gen, will that then drop support for 2nd gen Ryzen?

Spec: 
Gigabyte B450 DS3H (BIOS version F32).
Ryzen 5 2600
RTX 2060

Any help is massively appreciated!

No it wont, it say ADDs not changes to

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Went for it. Thankfully the BIOS update is what I needed to get the ssd working too!

Thanks for the reply. Had a feeling that was the case but figured it might be safer to check prior.