CPU boost bug?

Danoniero

Hi all. I'm a happy owner of 5800x and trying to sort out my boost problem.

The issue is the CPU is on constant 4.7ghz, 50-55c when idle. Now I'm not worried about temps as in gaming it never goes above 60c anyway.

What is annoying is that the fans obviously ramp up during idle browsing, also I am wasting electricity.

What I found thought is quite interesting.

I opened task manager in hopes i will maybe find a process that's responsible for CPU boosting. As soon as I opened it the CPU went from 4.7ghz to 460mhz with 25c temps. Now as soon as I close the task manager it ramps up all over again and stays that way.....

Any clues as to what the hell is happening ?

Edited by wkdpaul
Formatting removed

Spot on, i had a bitcoin miner in my system, used few antimalware/virus software but to no avail so i had to use reset this pc option. Sneaky bastard was turning off when i opened task manager or any resource monitoring software. Thanks for this advice. Now my cpu is sitting nicely around 700mhz and 30c idle!.

23 minutes ago, Danoniero said:

Spot on, i had a bitcoin miner in my system, used few antimalware/virus software but to no avail so i had to use reset this pc option. Sneaky bastard was turning off when i opened task manager or any resource monitoring software. Thanks for this advice. Now my cpu is sitting nicely around 700mhz and 30c idle!.

It might be worth your while to run sfc scannow. Check your os files haven't been altered. I had a similar infection. Read this

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1275367-windows-decimated-by-a-trojan/?tab=comments#comment-14265605