Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cooler with sata cable help

So I built my first system about a month or two ago and I want to now add a corsair h100i rgb platinum  but I realised that need a sata port in the psu but I just realized that I only have 2 spots and well that one is taken by my HDD and the other is being taken by a commander core from icue. Would it be ok to use a sata power splitter cable for the commander core and the cooler? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Code1010 said:

Would it be ok to use a sata power splitter cable for the commander core and the cooler? 

It would be preferable to not use a splitter.

Are you sure your PSU only has two SATA power plugs? There might be another cable with more SATA plugs on it. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have the Corsair txm 550 and this is what it looks like. I was thinking if I did the cooler with the fans onto a power splitter it could work?

 

E6DBB1F7-3DEB-487F-9075-B8499893713A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Code1010 said:

So I have the Corsair txm 550 and this is what it looks like. I was thinking if I did the cooler with the fans onto a power splitter it could work?

The TX550M has 5 SATA power plugs total, if I remember correctly spread over two cables.

Do you have the cables still somewhere, like in the psu packaging?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes so that is what i was talking about. i thought these cables were power splitters. this is the cord i was talking about. so could i  have one port to the icue commander core and the other to the aio?

 

 

 

sata.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

also im not sure if you know the answer to this but with the picture above of the back of the psu i am only using 3 slots which are the left two and bottom right. the top right i have not plugged anything into as im not sure if it was a sata port or used for something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Code1010 said:

yes so that is what i was talking about. i thought these cables were power splitters. this is the cord i was talking about. so could i  have one port to the icue commander core and the other to the aio?

Using one of those cables is what you should do.

 

When you said power splitter I thought you meant a splitter you would buy separately, not a cable that came with the PSU.

 

Again, yes use that cable that came with the PSU to power the Commander Pro and water-cooler.

6 hours ago, Code1010 said:

also im not sure if you know the answer to this but with the picture above of the back of the psu i am only using 3 slots which are the left two and bottom right. the top right i have not plugged anything into as im not sure if it was a sata port or used for something else.

I'm reasonably sure top right is also a connector for SATA power.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you happen know if it would be ok to front mount a radiator but have the fans inside the case and not the outside?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×