3070 works but no display

Mupik

Hi, I had tried to get the 3070 to show some display but I can’t. First I plugged in and tried the ports on it which didn’t show anything, I then tried to use the motherboards ports and those didn’t work either, I then took out (motherboard gave display after) and turned on onboard graphics in the bios, plugging in the gpu but still connected to the onboard I finally had display, I managed to install newest drivers which was no hassle, everything showed up like a normal gpu would be connected. I thought the gpu ports would work now as it had the drivers so I went to bios and set to pcie express display and connected back to the gpu, still nothing, connected to motherboard and nothing either, I’m really confused, it was an upgrade from a 2060 and the motherboard is completely fine, the power cables are connected fully and fans spin normally on it, I just don’t know how to get a display out of it, help! 

Something's wrong with the 3070.

Usually it at least displays something.

The system itself works.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

• 2 months later...

I am here because I also am having the same problem.

HOWEVER, it is NOT the graphics card. I have two computers, and two identical 3070's. When I swapped the cards for each other, the card worked in the other system just fine. So we can 100% rule that out.

I tried going and deleting all the old drivers (didn't use that program everyone recommended on TomsHW though, guess I could try). Did a CMOS refresh of motherboard. Checked another pci-e connection on motherboard. Checked, rechecked, and checked again power connections, reseated card, HDMI & Displayport settings etc. Made sure windows was as up to date as possible. 

PSU is 650w bronze and should easily be enough juice to run the card (Ran a 2070s Overclocked just fine, the other PC I game on extensively also runs a 3070 with a 650w)

Does anyone have any other ideas I may not have tried yet? I guess I'm in driver hell... really didn't want to do a fresh install of windows but running out of options. Appreciate any other advice from OP on what worked or from others.