Scalpers

Chaos Network

For as long as people have been selling things there have been scalpers.

Something centuries or even millennia old hadn’t been solved, why not?

The answer is simple, the problem isn’t the scalpers, it’s the people who buy from them. Remove the market and the scalpers go away.

Some people have sought exploit this and forced the situation such as the guy who bought a drug and raised its price.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

It is nearly impossible to get rid of the market for scalpers from the consumer demand side, due to the number of people susceptible to bring price gouged.

Consider how many people there are who buy overpriced goods from vending machines, or overpriced snacks at a movie theater, or the overpriced soda at pizza shops where they will charge like $3+ for a 2 liter bottle of soda even though the same soda will typically cost $1 for the 2 liter bottle at a grocery store.

That ultimately becomes the target market for scalpers.

The issue is the scalpers destroy the reputation and reception of new products by the market. With this in mind,it is up to the company that owns the brand as well as the retailers to protect the general market. They need to look at it this way, what is better for the reputation and consumer satisfaction, 3500 happy customers, or 1 happy scalper with 3500 consoles and 3499 upset customers who lost the item because it sold out while in their cart because they were slower to complete the order than the scalper bot.

It's called capitalism. If you don't like it, go after NVIDIA, AMD and retail partners to put better bot-detecting algorithms on their site, limit cards to one per address, one per CC, whatever. Unless and until some market controls are put into place, resellers (not scalpers, cut that shit out already) will get their hands on them, put them on eBay, and idiots will buy them.

And, spoiler alert, the market controls aren't coming. Not to the extent you'd like them to, anyway. NVIDIA and AMD are privately having an orgasm at the level of artificial demand that a heavy reseller presence creates.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

You have to be an idiot to pay $1300 for something that's actually $500. You NEVER need anything this hard to get it.

Don’t feed the machine. Do without until the proper channels have a supply. Read a book in the meantime, or indulge in another hobby. Or suck it up and pay the price. Where I live the used market is there, but prices are obscene, and people are smoking a lot of crack and of course their stuff is not selling lol. For instance, I bought my 980 classified two years ago for 200. The other day I saw a regular run of the mill 980 for nearly 300. Not much less than the guy who wanted 350 for his 1070. Or the other guy who wanted 500 for his 1080 🖕🏻Lol.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's