Fanless PSU

Kduch

Hello.

New user here.

I rly want to install a fanless PSU to my PC. But my concern is, that right above the PSU sits my GPU.

Would heat rising from a fanless PSU affect the cooling of the GPU?

GPU is a 1660 w one fan.

Case is Enthoo evolve mITX w one 200mm fan in the front.

PSU im planning on buying is the Seasonic Fanless 500w.

Thx in advance for any comment :)

Kduch

There is no fan less PSU but you can get one with a 0DB mode which makes the fan not run when not needed most modern PSUs have this feature

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, Kanna said:

There is no fan less PSU but you can get one with a 0DB mode which makes the fan not run when not needed most modern PSUs have this feature

technically there is, it is a honeycomb psu that releases air passively this makes the psu choked if the psu shroud doesn't have a way to make air enter the shroud, some people like it, which is weird

Most fanless PSUs are very efficient so that the heatsinks in them don't have to dissipate a lot of heat overall.

They shouldn't noticeably affect the GPU.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

14 minutes ago, Kanna said:

There is no fan less PSU

There are quite a few of them, they just aren't very popular because they get pretty expensive.

I do agree that for the same price you can get an overkill semi-passive unit that won't turn on the fan even under full load in a lower spec system.

That way you can even upgrade to more power hungry components later on without buying a new PSU, with the only downside being that the fan will turn on once in a while.

(basically the reason I have an RM1000i in a system that pulls <300W under full load, other than the discount I got on it)

6 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

this makes the psu choked if the psu shroud doesn't have a way to make air enter the shroud

The PSU shroud in the Evolv ITX has mesh above the PSU so it should be fine.

Not sure what you mean by "honeycomb psu" unless you're talking about the vents on passive units.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Just now, DJ46 said:

There are quite a few of them, they just aren't very popular because they get pretty expensive.

I do agree that for the same price you can get an overkill semi-passive unit that won't turn on the fan even under full load in a lower spec system.

That way you can even upgrade to more power hungry components later on without buying a new PSU, with the only downside being that the fan will turn on once in a while.

The PSU shroud in the Evolv ITX has mesh above the PSU so it should be fine.

Not sure what you mean by "honeycomb psu" unless you're talking about the vents on passive units.

yeas I meant the holes in the passive units, they are called honeycomb vents, missed the mesh in the case, thanks for clarifying that, anyways yes it is very efficient, don't worry