(Help) Booting windows with different hardware (MSATA)

taha_mcp

Hello,

I am looking to swap the ssd of my laptop and I'm wondering whether or not it is safe. My current laptop has an msata ssd slot, and the ssd I want to replace it with is an msata from another laptop. Different brands. So I am wondering, if I insert the msata ssd from the other laptop into mine, would I be able to boot in that instance of windows installed on that ssd? Would it mess up since its a totally different hardware? Is there other alternatives? I tried researching this topic a little bit but I did not find anything or anyone who has done such thing before.
Help is extremely appreciated,

Best regards

I need to run that specific instance of windows solely because, I'll be able to access some of my files, which without the windows will be inaccessible as I have forgotten the encryption password. My concern would be, wouldn't my current laptop freakout when it tries to boot without all the drivers? Wouldn't the os have a lot of troubles detecting the hardware? Is there a safe alternative?

Would I somehow be able to boot up the windows in an emulator if I connect the msata to the laptop via one of those msata -> usb adapters?