ASUS Aura - loosing settings on boot.

Mandaryn

Hi,

there is a way to disable rainbow mode t first boot? In windows mode Aura keep my settings. Also keep it when I do restart. But when I shutdown and turn on pc again I see rainbow again until Windows loads. This pissed me off. I' not a child anymore I don't need this rainbow effect,

I don't think so, sounds like the shitty auros hardware doesn't save settings like pretty much any other hardware would and thus loads settings every time from the app which it only can do once windows loaded. 

usually, with the hardware I had, u can set rgb however you like, deinstall the software and the hardware will *keep* the settings forever. 

you may try this but it doesn't really sound like it would work. 

thats why it's important to do research before buying things, I would never buy asus or gigabyte pc hardware for example, asus monitors ore pretty OK tho (stay away from the routers tho lol) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Mark Kaine said:

I don't think so, sounds like the shitty auros hardware doesn't save settings like pretty much any other hardware would and thus loads settings every time from the app which it only can do once windows loaded. 

usually, with the hardware I had, u can set rgb however you like, deinstall the software and the hardware will *keep* the settings forever. 

you may try this but it doesn't really sound like it would work. 

thats why it's important to do research before buying things, I would never buy asus or gigabyte pc hardware for example, asus monitors ore pretty OK tho (stay away from the routers tho lol) 

But look here -

It was solution but it's not working anymore. So this is possible. But we don't know how to fix it again.

4 hours ago, Mandaryn said:

But look here -

It was solution but it's not working anymore. So this is possible. But we don't know how to fix it again.

Yeah but that doesn't seem to be the same issue exactly... you said your settings do load, just not immediately? 

the people in that thread have the issue that the settings don't load at all until they do it manually ... 

Maybe I misunderstood or you didn't explain it well but it doesn't look like the same issue to me. 

So your led settings load, but not during boot, only after you signed into windows, is that correct? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/26/2020 at 3:35 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah but that doesn't seem to be the same issue exactly... you said your settings do load, just not immediately? 

the people in that thread have the issue that the settings don't load at all until they do it manually ... 

Maybe I misunderstood or you didn't explain it well but it doesn't look like the same issue to me. 

So your led settings load, but not during boot, only after you signed into windows, is that correct? 

My seetings load when i'm on windows log in screen and they are keeped until I turn off pc. Even when I do restart pc/windows (without shutdow)  they are saved.

But when I turn off pc and turn on again I have rainbow effect again until windows log in screen.