iCloud Sync issue

Noctus
Go to solution Solved by planet boy,

- Was the iPad originally signed into your mother's personal account, or a separate account

- Do new photos your mother takes continue to show up in your iCloud or just directly after adding the iPad

- Have any of your photos show up on her account

- Are you linked in Family Sharing

Things I'd test:

Duplicate one photo on your phone and give it a few minutes with both you and your mom on WiFi to see if her phone updates with the dup

also, check the iPad updates.

Then I'd find a photo that can be deleted and also see if that updates across devices.

If neither of those update on your mother's phone but do on the iPad tied to your account, I would feel comfortable starting to delete them off of your account. Perhaps do in chunks and waiting between to ensure there isn't a bit of lag in the iCloud updating (Power saving/wifi/sync settings)

So I recently started using my mother’s iPad Pro 12.9 2nd Gen since she no longer uses it.

Decided to sign out of her account and sign in with my Apple ID etc so it and my iPhone are on the same page etc. But I’ve now noticed the nearly 4.2k combined pictures and videos my mum has taken (own her own iphone, the iPad was work related) are now mixed in with my own photos in my iPhone.

How the hell do I get rid of all of this so only my own pics are in my photos on my iPhone without deleting them or can i just delete away and it won't affect her account????

My Iphone 11 Pro is on 14.2

iPad was on 14.0.1

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

- Was the iPad originally signed into your mother's personal account, or a separate account

- Do new photos your mother takes continue to show up in your iCloud or just directly after adding the iPad

Things I'd test:

Duplicate one photo on your phone and give it a few minutes with both you and your mom on WiFi to see if her phone updates with the dup

Then I'd find a photo that can be deleted and also see if that updates across devices.

If neither of those update on your mother's phone but do on the iPad tied to your account, I would feel comfortable starting to delete them off of your account. Perhaps do in chunks and waiting between to ensure there isn't a bit of lag in the iCloud updating (Power saving/wifi/sync settings)

17 hours ago, planet boy said:

Things I'd test:

Yeah i asked her to take some pics and i deleted ones she wasnt fussed about, neither actions showed up on out accounts, so currently in the process of deleting 4,000 pics and vids mixed in with mine while logged on iCloud on my PC lol. Such a PITA >_>

Deffo gonna wipe the iPad when i give it back to her lol.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530