New TV suggestions!

SmilesRising

Hello!

Now that black week / black friday is coming up I plan on getting myself a TV. I currently have an old projector with a resolution of 800x600 which is pretty garbage and I'm looking to upgrade.

I will mostly use it for movies and shows but I do want to stream my PC and play ps3/ps4 on it. What should I get? I've been looking at the 65" Sony XH90/X900H and the 65" Samsung Q80T! 

Are there any better options, what should I go for?

Thanks in advance! :)

Watches and computers                    

10 hours ago, smiles rising said:

Hello!

Now that black week / black friday is coming up I plan on getting myself a TV. I currently have an old projector with a resolution of 800x600 which is pretty garbage and I'm looking to upgrade.

I will mostly use it for movies and shows but I do want to stream my PC and play ps3/ps4 on it. What should I get? I've been looking at the 65" Sony XH90/X900H and the 65" Samsung Q80T! 

x900h, x950h q80t, q90t,

all 4 besides oled

theres others but each has slight issues
lg nano90, ips, not the best blacks, 50/50 chance of getting bad blooming, but a good panel its gorgeous.

vizio p quantum and quantum x, to many bugs, some panels have a red tint to it

Hisense H9G not as good of a color gamut as the rest, lower budget

TCL 5 Series/S535 decent tv for a lower budget

13 hours ago, circeseye said:

x900h, x950h q80t, q90t,

all 4 besides oled

theres others but each has slight issues
lg nano90, ips, not the best blacks, 50/50 chance of getting bad blooming, but a good panel its gorgeous.

vizio p quantum and quantum x, to many bugs, some panels have a red tint to it

Hisense H9G not as good of a color gamut as the rest, lower budget

TCL 5 Series/S535 decent tv for a lower budget

The X950H doesn't support hdmi 2.1 from what I have seen so maybe i should avoid that? Is hdmi 2.1 a big deal? And the samsungs miss dolby vision which seems to be a dealbreaker for some? 

Watches and computers                    

1 hour ago, smiles rising said:

The X950H doesn't support hdmi 2.1 from what I have seen so maybe i should avoid that? Is hdmi 2.1 a big deal? And the samsungs miss dolby vision which seems to be a dealbreaker for some? 

hdmi 2.1 is good for the new consoles and video cards. if you have either of these then yes, if you want higher htz youll want hdmi 2.1

dolby vision..yes i have to admit looks pretty damn good. hdr10 and 10+ is samsungs go to. and it does a pretty good job with some adjusting to reduce the horrid soap opera effect

6 minutes ago, circeseye said:

hdmi 2.1 is good for the new consoles and video cards. if you have either of these then yes, if you want higher htz youll want hdmi 2.1

dolby vision..yes i have to admit looks pretty damn good. hdr10 and 10+ is samsungs go to. and it does a pretty good job with some adjusting to reduce the horrid soap opera effect

I dont have the consoles atm but I might have in the future so maybe i should get 2.1 now so that I am prepared for when/if I get the consoles? Do you think the lack of Dolby Vision would be a huge deal? The X900H seems to have horrendous viewing angles and reflections which doesn't feel very nice to have even if it has Dolby Vision.. The Q80T seems to handle things better than the X900H but I am not sure if it is the way to go. I have not had a TV for over 10 years so I don't know what to expect..

I can get the Q80T 65" for around 1300$, the Q90T 55" for around 1300" and the X900H 65" for 1200$. My budget is around 15000kr which is roughly 1500$. 

Watches and computers                    

58 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

I dont have the consoles atm but I might have in the future so maybe i should get 2.1 now so that I am prepared for when/if I get the consoles? Do you think the lack of Dolby Vision would be a huge deal? The X900H seems to have horrendous viewing angles and reflections which doesn't feel very nice to have even if it has Dolby Vision.. The Q80T seems to handle things better than the X900H but I am not sure if it is the way to go. I have not had a TV for over 10 years so I don't know what to expect..

I can get the Q80T 65" for around 1300$, the Q90T 55" for around 1300" and the X900H 65" for 1200$. My budget is around 15000kr which is roughly 1500$. 

your best bet....go into a store with those displays and check them out. its the best way to decide. 

q80t or x900h

q90t is samsungs premium tv. but side by side the q80t you dont see much of a difference for more money and less tv

heres reviews on the 2
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled

9 hours ago, circeseye said:

your best bet....go into a store with those displays and check them out. its the best way to decide. 

q80t or x900h

q90t is samsungs premium tv. but side by side the q80t you dont see much of a difference for more money and less tv

heres reviews on the 2
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80t-qled

I've seen the Q80T in real life and it looked good in the store,but there is no store nearby that displays the x900h.. The x900h looks on the reviews good except for the viewing angles that seems to garbage? so for me it really stand between dolby vision or viewing angles..do I sacrifice viewing angles for dolby vision or do I give up the vision for better viewing angles / reflections...

Watches and computers                    

On 11/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, smiles rising said:

Hello!

I just tested Q80T, pretty good as a TV and budget friendly but they have some weird bug in PC mode (screen keep turning on and off none stop) pretty sure it can be fixed if I tweak it out a bit more but know that it won't give you an easy time setting it as a monitor 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, smiles rising said:

Hello!

yo the samsung 65" Q80T is good
my friend has it, pretty neat for netflix
so yeah thats not a bad choice

2 hours ago, GELMEL said:

yo the samsung 65" Q80T is good
my friend has it, pretty neat for netflix
so yeah thats not a bad choice

2 hours ago, e22big said:

I just tested Q80T, pretty good as a TV and budget friendly but they have some weird bug in PC mode (screen keep turning on and off none stop) pretty sure it can be fixed if I tweak it out a bit more but know that it won't give you an easy time setting it as a monitor 

I just got a deal for the Q90t from work, i can get it for 1000$, too good to pass on right?

Watches and computers                    

5 hours ago, smiles rising said:

I just got a deal for the Q90t from work, i can get it for 1000$, too good to pass on right?

I guess, after my experience with Q80T I kind of having a second thought on using a TV as PC monitor, it really isn't convenient but Q90T definitely better in most area and grand for that is a very good price - at least for me, TV and monitor pricing kind of differ greatly from place to place.

The Q80T I tested was already purchased at aroudn a grand and that was a crazy good deal already. But I would probably get another monitor just for my main destop work.

35 minutes ago, e22big said:

I guess, after my experience with Q80T I kind of having a second thought on using a TV as PC monitor, it really isn't convenient but Q90T definitely better in most area and grand for that is a very good price - at least for me, TV and monitor pricing kind of differ greatly from place to place.

The Q80T I tested was already purchased at aroudn a grand and that was a crazy good deal already. But I would probably get another monitor just for my main destop work.

The Tv wont be used as a main monitor so it doesn't have to be perfect in that regard.. i will stream the pc from time to time but not all the time so it will most likely be fine

Watches and computers                    

8 hours ago, smiles rising said:

q90t? yea id grab that over the q80t for that price. again its samsungs flagship. so it will be better

15 hours ago, smiles rising said:

The Tv wont be used as a main monitor so it doesn't have to be perfect in that regard.. i will stream the pc from time to time but not all the time so it will most likely be fine

then it should be fine - the main different between Q80T and Q90T is that the latter have a much better contrast ratio in comparison to a rather mediocre spec on Q80T

but having test it out for myself, the Q80T contrast is already more than good enough as a TV to be watched in darkroom, I imagined that the Q90T might even approach OLED level performance in a near black scene (just not pitch black)

14 hours ago, circeseye said:

q90t? yea id grab that over the q80t for that price. again its samsungs flagship. so it will be better

1 hour ago, e22big said:

then it should be fine - the main different between Q80T and Q90T is that the latter have a much better contrast ratio in comparison to a rather mediocre spec on Q80T

but having test it out for myself, the Q80T contrast is already more than good enough as a TV to be watched in darkroom, I imagined that the Q90T might even approach OLED level performance in a near black scene (just not pitch black)

Just ordered the 55" q90t! hopefully it wont be too small for me, i sit about 1.5m away so it should be fine!

Watches and computers