about overclocking

AceHunter
Go to solution Solved by MeltyMoon,

Software voltage readings can be incorrect, so don't worry. As for your other question, you're seeing something called vdroop. This happens when the processor is under max load, the voltage the motherboard provides falls. Perfectly normal :)

Watched many youtube videos on how to overclock, and it's quite easy, however didn't find an answer to why when stress testing voltage drops.

For example, I manually set voltage at 1.14, and LLC at high. Then when I run prime95, my voltage drops to 1.120-1.128 at 100% load.

Another question, why voltage goes beyond my setting if I set LLC over high?  I see 1.152 in cpuz, if I set it as 1.14 and ultra high in LLC ( when not running stress test)

Software voltage readings can be incorrect, so don't worry. As for your other question, you're seeing something called vdroop. This happens when the processor is under max load, the voltage the motherboard provides falls. Perfectly normal :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

thx !!!!!

Just set LCC as high as you can. Its bit mobo depending how volts will change while under stress etc. but in my case after setting LCC to extreme they have been solid what I set.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv