Cannot delete quotes. Pixel 4a Google chrome.

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Yeah, this has been an issue forever, but unfortunately most keyboards on Android don't send keyboard events properly, so it's really hard to detect backspace and react accordingly.

Browser, version and OS: 

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happen

Quote someone and try to press backspace. It either starts deleting the text or putting the literal string "block quote"

At the end of the text box. 

On iphone I would go immediately after the quote and it'd delete it. Or... I could select the header part 

"User said:"

And it'd highlight the outline of the box blue and if I press backspace it would delete it. 

What happened?

It doesn't delete the quote. It closes the keyboard and puts the literal text "block quote" or it deleted text inside the quote. 

What did you expect to happen?

The quote box to be deleted

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Any reply section

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

I'll see if I can post something in a reply

Any other relevant details:

I don't know if it works on the new forum or not. I think it works on my desktop Firefox but not this phone afaik. 

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

Yeah, this has been an issue forever, but unfortunately most keyboards on Android don't send keyboard events properly, so it's really hard to detect backspace and react accordingly.

HTTP/2 203