New build ryzen 5600x and B550M Pro-P, won't post 1 long and 2 short beeps

Manpants

This is a new build, 4th pc I have built so I knew what to do going in. Below are the main parts that I'm using and are currently connected.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

Motherboard: B550M Aorus Pro-P  (Flashed the bios to latest version prior to building it)

Ram: Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400

PSU: ARESGAME 750W Power Supply Semi Modular 80+ Bronze

HDD: Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2

So my current issue is that I keep getting a beep a error preventing it from posting. It sounds like 1 long beep followed up by 2 shorts beeps. Out of all the beep errors I have heard before this is the fastest leading me to record it just so that I didn't mistake it for 3 short beeps. Even if I did according to the gigabyte website 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps is a GPU error which wouldn't make sense. So based on this it seems my error code is based on memory. https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816 

However, the first pair of ram I had used was probably defective since using it on my current system gave me a beep error. When I tried using my 2x8gb from this system that works I would still get the same beep error on the new system. I got a replacement and it worked on my current system but I still get the same beep error on the new build. I have tried all possible double and single channel combinations just for good measure and still no luck. I thought perhaps I got really unlucky and had a defective ram channel on the board and ordered a new one to verify. Still the same issue even after testing each channel, I have bios flashed both boards prior to building and after this ordeal even attempted to flash the bios in order (there is only 3 updates) and still nothing. I know for a fact that the ram I currently have works but the error code keeps referring to a memory error which is leaving me scratching my head at what else to try. With the new board I have been testing it on top of its box with only 3 things connected: 24pin connector, cpu connector + fan, and the power switch pins. Since it hasn't even posted I don't think removing the battery would do anything to help. The only thing left that comes to mind is perhaps its a bad board or worse yet a bad cpu which I hope that it isn't the case since I bought the ryzen 5 off someone else. 

TLDR:

-Bios flashed two boards

-Tested both boards with various ram combinations + two separate sets of rams sticks

-Tested both outside the case

-Still won't post due to "memory error" beep code

Any insight into my problem would be greatly appreciated. My last ditch effort will be to take it to microcenter and see if they could make it post with a different cpu/motherboard/ ram.

You've literally linked a thread saying that your beep code indicates a GPU problem. You have no GPU installed, and your system doesn't have an iGPU. I wonder what the problem could possibly be. Hopefully someone here knows!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Like stated above you need dedicated GPU or your PC won't post without one, your memory choice is strange as well. Ryzen CPU's like fast memory and you will lower performance in games than expected 

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I wonder what the problem could possibly be.

@kelvinhall05

Don't be a dick. Obviously OP doesnt know whats going on. Be nice about explaining it to them.

@Manpants 
While your mobo may have a video out, your processor has to actually provide the video capabilities.

Since you dont have a GPU, and your CPU does not have integrated graphics, you essentially have no video processor install which is why you get the GPU beep code.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

2 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Don't be a dick. Obviously OP doesnt know whats going on. Be nice about explaining it to them.

13 minutes ago, Manpants said:

4th pc I have built so I knew what to do going in.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

2 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Sarcasm =/= being a dick. OP may have no idea what is going on (even though he found the solution and just ignored it!) but has a very condescending tone in his OP:

13 minutes ago, Manpants said:

4th pc I have built so I knew what to do going in

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Sarcasm =/= being a dick

In this case, you were being a dick. Sarcasm is ok with your friends. When you say something like that in a situation like this, your are being a dick.

Also, look up the definition to Sarcasm.

Sarcasm = the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

Just now, cr8tor said:

In this case, you were being a dick. Sarcasm is ok with your friends. When you say something like that in a situation like this, your are being a dick.

Also, look up the definition to Sarcasm.

Sarcasm = the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

My sincerest apologies then, sir.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

34 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

My sincerest apologies then, sir.

No need to apologize. Especially not to me. 🙂
I assure you, i have been a dick at times too. None of us are perfect. 

We can always strive to be a better person though, and that often comes from people calling us out.

Have a long and prosperous life @kelvinhall05

Family machines

Well you were right, plugged in my old GPU and started up. Thanks for the reminder, regardless of how it came off, sometimes you forget the simplest things so huge thank you for saving me time and money here!

1 minute ago, Manpants said:

sometimes you forget the simplest things

Yeah, so very, very true. 

Family machines

21 hours ago, Manpants said:

Well you were right, plugged in my old GPU and started up. Thanks for the reminder, regardless of how it came off, sometimes you forget the simplest things so huge thank you for saving me time and money here!

Good that you eventually figured it out! I've done the same thing after being meticulous about everything else! Sometimes focusing too much only on one area of building slips you up!  I just ordered this board so im eager to hear your views on the board if you decide to overclock your cpu/memory!  Ill be upgrading from a 3500x to a 5600x at some point deffo an exciting chip!