Stream pc idea

Jonny Basil

Budget (including currency): <400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): so I wanna build a affordable stream pc. Just a little insight on what I’m doing and what I’m thinking, and plz any suggestions or ideas is much welcome. That’s why I came here. Have been a big fan for a few years and really am why I am super interested in tech, but I digress. So right now I’m starting streaming and content creation. All I have is an iPad and iPhone and old crappy laptop. I currently play and stream from my iPad which works ok but I wanna move to a stream of and eventually build a gaming pc.  I have an old Ibuypower pc my friend gave me that didn’t work. The issue is it’s boot looping. Won’t get into bio. It has an i54460   8gb or ddr3 1600 ram and a tiny little 750ti. But power supply is fine 1tb hd, case and fans. I’m wondering f that i5 would be ok to just software encode from my iPad capture? Get a new motherboard, which from what I’ve researched sounds

like the boot loop issue. I forget what mother board it is off the top of my head. But does have dual bios I think, I rember that. Would I be better off getting like a ryzen 3400g, mother board, ram, and boot ssd. And use the on board graphics or that 750ti. Since I’d be software encoding as far as ik you don’t need much of a graphics card. Or would that i54460 work just as well. I’m not super knowledgeable about every cpu, I follow stuff pretty well but older stuff I just don’t have the knowledge. I figure i could get that ryzen set up for 350ish depending on specifics. And like I said eventually wanna. Hold a gaming rig so that will never be in the future for this. I’d like to be able to stream in 1080 but don’t have to if it’s gonna take a lot more. I just made affiliate on twitch and this is something I’ve come to really enjoy so wanna work at it and invest in it. I’m not counting peripherals in helge budget and it’s not like a hard set in stone budget. If an option was close that was a lot better I’d def really consider it. I always hear Linus talk about how great this forum community is so I figured what better place to go for advice and thoughts. I plan on building it myself, I am good at that stuff. For context I used to install million dollar robotic milking systems on dairy farms and set up lans and stuff so I’m very tech savvy so nothing scares me about building or even doing things out of the box if necessary. Thanks in advance, I hope I’m in the right thread and everything and apologize if I did something wrong being that I’m new. Thanks guys! Excite for your opinions. 

Please learn how to format your posts.

Welcome to the forum!

To other's, here is a formatted version that I intercepted:

19 minutes ago, Jonny Basil said:

Budget (including currency): Less then $400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming, software encoding, etc

Other details:

I have an old iBuyPower PC that doesn't work (Boot cycling) and has an i5 4460, 1TB HDD, and 750ti.

Would a Ryzen 3400G with motherboard work out?

I might have missed something...

but hope this helps other people

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

I'd personally recommend something like this:

As you said your PSU, Case, and HDD still work fine, just use those in combination with the parts above (assuming your case is ATX). Then you can sell the 750ti and 4460 to get the total price under $400.

The reason I'd go with something like a 3100 over a 3400G is that the main purpose of the 3400G is the integrated GPU, which allows you to play games off of the CPU alone. However, if you're going to use a GPU, something that a $400 budget can definetly accomodate, then the 3100 will be a better purchase, as you can save $20 and put that towards other parts, in this case a 1650 Super, and still have the same level of processor performance.

Good luck with your streaming! ❤️

I will complain about high prices in Norway given the oportunity.

Primary Desktop PC:

Spoiler

Hardware specifications:

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z170 S CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x52 RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 GPU: ASUS RX 5700XT ROG Strix SSD: Kingston Savage 240GB HDD: Seagate 3TB 7200RPM PSU: Corsair RMx 750W Case: NZXT H440

I/O:

Monitor: ASUS 27' 1440p 165Hz | AOC 24' 1080p 60hz Keyboard: Ducky ONE 2 SF (Cherry MX Brown) Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Headset: Sennheiser HD 6XX AMP/DAC: Drop O2 + SDAC DAC/AMP

(PC Part Picker Link)

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell XPS 15 9500:

CPU: i7-10750H RAM: 32GB DDR4-2933 GPU: GTX 1650 Ti SSD: 1TB NVME Display: 15.6' 1920x1200

Awesome thanks! I did find close to me someone selling a 2700x for $150. Ik it’s 2nd gen but 8 cores... something like that and then maybe down the road upgrade the 1650 to a 2060 2070 or 3070. But either way I could eventually upgrade the cpu and gpu. I think that build u have is close to being able to run tarkov. That’s about one of the few games I really really wanna play. That and warzone. Ik I wouldn’t be able to play and stream on that setup to well. But with tarkov being a kick you in balls simulator be nice to get some time in before trying to stream it lol. Also editing is something I wanna keep in mind. Rn I use my iPad which works pretty darn good. Especially since rn Im doing mobile games. I’m planning and researching and trying to get as much info and knowledge. I do have a 256 ssd I had put in my potato laptop I was prolly gonna pull for a boot drive. And the other thing I gotta look into is a capture card. Those I no little to. I thing about. But really appreciate the insight and help!! 

Everything is bought and on its way some I’ve gotten already! Ended up with the 2700x and a Radeon 5700xt. Partly cause that’s kinda all that was available other than a 1650 and with the cpu I figured might as well get some hp and make a nice solid 1080 game/stream pc. Super excited to put it together in a couple days and get kick myself in the balls simulator (escape from tarkov) goin and hate my life lol. I kid obviously it’s a cool game but it’s unapologetically brutal! Thanks everyone wouldn’t be here building my first pic with lout LTT!! 

20 minutes ago, Jonny Basil said:

Everything is bought and on its way some I’ve gotten already! Ended up with the 2700x and a Radeon 5700xt. Partly cause that’s kinda all that was available other than a 1650 and with the cpu I figured might as well get some hp and make a nice solid 1080 game/stream pc. Super excited to put it together in a couple days and get kick myself in the balls simulator (escape from tarkov) goin and hate my life lol. I kid obviously it’s a cool game but it’s unapologetically brutal! Thanks everyone wouldn’t be here building my first pic with lout LTT!! 

please write paragraphs

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.