- 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz
- EVGA BQ 750W 80+ PSU
- NZXT H510 Tower Case
- Current GPU Driver: Radeon 20.11.2
- Current Chipset: V2.05.04.352
- Current Bios: 5603
- Windows: 10 Home Build 19042

Everything is running at stock, never OC

For the past 2 weeks, i have been having a problem where my monitor just turns off. I have already verified that the monitor is not the problem. The issue has never occurred while i had a laptop or console plugged into it, only my PC.

Just yesterday, my screen looked like this [https://i.redd.it/cq3cvh8pdyz51.jpg] while playing Genshin Impact. I had to force restart my PC and the screen returned to normal, this hasn't happened since but the black screen issues are nearly every hour.

- I took out the GPU and RAM and made sure they were firmly put back in place
- Did a fresh install of Windows
- Used DDU to uninstall the graphics driver and install 20.11.2
- Updated my BIOS from 5406 > 5603

- I turned off the XMP profile in BIOS, so RAM is running at 2133Mhz now instead of 3200Mhz
- Disabled Hardware acceleration in everything i can think of
- Disabled "advanced sync" in the Radeon settings
- Plugged my PC directly into the outlet, instead of a power strip
- Changed the cable from GPU to Monitor from DP to HDMI
- Changed the power cable on my monitor

I don't think the issue is related to the GPU overheating, i did a stream on Twitch today for about 6 hours playing Tarkov, so i was putting alot on the card and it oddly never black screened once until about 4 hours after the stream while watching Hulu

At this point, i still get black screens; either while gaming, watching videos, or when my PC is just in idle. I don't know what else i can do or what else can be causing this issue.

I bought the GPU from Microcenter and i have a 3 year warranty on it, so i can just return the card if that is the problem, unfortunately for me though, Microcenter only has the 1660ti in stock and nothing else.. so i would have to grab that card instead.

Before i return the GPU, do you guys have any ideas?

I have a Red Devil as well with an 850w Antec power supply and have not experienced those issues.

Are you daisy chaining the GPU power cables? I can't confirm it, but I hear that can cause issues the card.

1 hour ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

I have a Red Devil as well with an 850w Antec power supply and have not experienced those issues.

Are you daisy chaining the GPU power cables? I can't confirm it, but I hear that can cause issues the card.

I just saw someone on Reddit make that same mention but what does it mean? i think the cable i used spit off into two ends.. is that bad? I will have to open the case and double check but if i can, i will use two separate cables for it haha thanks! I'll try now and will update this post after tonight to see if the issue comes back

Maybe the update again tinkered with gpu clocks? Check those, if they are higher than before update. Lower them by 100mhz and check if that helps. Switch display to lower refresh rate for now and check. AMD might have bugged something again, or reintroduced some bug :(

I've had the same black screen issue recently since I updated to driver 20.11.1

It seems to be something with the new driver, at least the recent 2 versions. I was able to do COD warzone for 4-5 hours without having any black screen before updating to those versions. 

According to this issue, https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/black-screen-has-returned-rx-5700-xt/m-p/423805

The latest driver `20.11.2` seems to fix it (maybe), we just need to remove the current driver using the AMD DDU tool before updating to that version.

I have the same card, have not seen this and I ran it full tilt for 2 hours yesterday in FS2020.

Try undervolting in the driver or Afterburner?

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |