Evga 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid - Aftermarket Fan

Rasmuff

Seems I'm on a roll with this card lately... 

Talked to a couple helpful people the other day and got some good feedback. Ended up grabbing a Noctua NF-F12 to replace the fan on the 120mm rad that is on this card. 

Received the fan about 15 minutes ago and now as I am installing it, The GPU doesn't spin the radiator fan up.

To troubleshoot, the noctua fan came with a USB to fan header so I plugged that in to make sure the fan works and it does. I plugged the old fan back in to make sure it still works and it does as well. 

I launched EVGA precision X1 and cranked the fan sliders to max, hit apply and nothing happened. Even shows 0 rpm in the app.

So does this mean that I can't use an aftermarket fan with this AIO hybrid setup or maybe something else? 

Looking for some insight. Anything helps. Thanks.

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

Addition thoughts

I noticed after the fact now that I have the new fan that is a 5 volt fan and the original evga fan seems to be a 12 volt fan. Maybe this could do with it?

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

What header is the NF-F12 plugged into?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 11/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What header is the NF-F12 plugged into?

I had it plugged into the header that comes off the graphics card. This header previously had the stock 120mm fan that comes with the card plugged into in. 
The wire comes out in the same spot that the radiator hoses do and follows them about half way, then terminates into a 3 pin header.

Look like this:

IMG-1013.thumb.JPG.31967d2ba28435a00332db66988cc402.JPG

Does the fan spin up under load?

You should probably return the fan and get the 12v version. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.