Build Advice

JBIZZL3Y

Just about to start putting my pc together and had a few questions I hope someone can help with!

So.. I have everything I need except for a gpu.. due to stock issues obviously. However I'm anxious to get everything built and make sure everything is working before any return windows close etc.

With that in mind, is there anyway of getting a Ryzen cpu to post without a gpu installed? 

if not I guess I could try and pick up something super budget whilst I wait for a gpu.

Looking at my motherboard, I have 8pin and 4pin cpu power, am I right in thinking I don't need both and can just use the 8pin? that's all the PSU I have has. 

Also looking at my mobo, (crosshair hero8) I have 2 m.2 slots, one says it is on the x570 chipset and supports pcie 4.0 and the other says that on 3rd gen (and I assume 5th?) that it also supports pcie 4.0... so my question is what is the difference between the chipset slot and the other one, and also how would plugging in 2 pcie 4.0 drives affect other pcie bandwidth (i.e GPU?) 

Lastly, my case came with a universal fan hub, (PWM or DC) I kind of like the idea of the hub as all the case fans are neatly tied into it, (as is the case rgb) and I was planning on just running my AIO pump and fans into the mobo and using the hub for the case fans. My question is how will I control the fan curve for those on the hub? through BIOS? will all of the case fans just get controlled with whatever fan setting I layout?

sorry if some of this seems stupid, just haven't built a PC in a long long time and am not really sure how some of this works!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, JBIZZL3Y said:

(crosshair hero8) I have 2 m.2 slots, one says it is on the x570 chipset and supports pcie 4.0 and the other says that on 3rd gen (and I assume 5th?) that it also supports pcie 4.0... so my question is what is the difference between the chipset slot and the other one, and also how would plugging in 2 pcie 4.0 drives affect other pcie bandwidth (i.e GPU?) 

the chipset has less bandwidth than an actual PCIE lane but i don't think it will make much difference.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Just now, Letgomyleghoe said:

the chipset has less bandwidth than an actual PCIE lane but i don't think it will make much difference.

Thanks, I was planning on just using the PCIE slot but wondered how the other would work if i added a 2nd drive in the future.