Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition vs DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2

Hi guys, I need some help. I need to buy a cooler for a ryzen 7 1700.

I can only buy from Amazon and it must cost $ 30 or less. I have these options in mind, but I receive suggestions.

DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 ($29.99)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition ($29.99)

My priorities are: 1) temperature, 2) noise, and 3) appearance(rgb, etc) in that order.

Thanks for the help.

34 minutes ago, The-One-Polish-Guy said:

I would go for the hyper 212 however if u can, use the stock ryzen 7 cooler

Hi, thanks for answering. Why would you choose the Hyper 212 BE?

43 minutes ago, Ariel0233 said:

Hi, thanks for answering. Why would you choose the Hyper 212 BE?

I know alot of pepole that use it and it is a really good quality for the price and overall alot of people sugest it as a budget cooler however  in some time i would step it up a little and get something like an dark rock 4 or just get another fan for the hyper 212 which will help a bit 

On 11/17/2020 at 10:23 PM, Ariel0233 said:

Hi guys, I need some help. I need to buy a cooler for a ryzen 7 1700.

I can only buy from Amazon and it must cost $ 30 or less. I have these options in mind, but I receive suggestions.

DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 ($29.99)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition ($29.99)

My priorities are: 1) temperature, 2) noise, and 3) appearance(rgb, etc) in that order.

Thanks for the help.

Hello Ariel,

Just wanted to provide a little information that may help you decide. I have a lot of experience with both of these products. These two cooler have a lot in common. The original 212 was one of the first to come out with an economic air tower cooler that didn't suck. Today, there are numerous coolers that have come out with a similar design and have improved upon what the 212 has done. You can see that the Gammaxx GTE V2 has a higher TDP rating at 180W over the 150W stated for all of the 212 variations.

https://www.deepcool.com/ProductCompatibilityS/Default.aspx

https://files.coolermaster.com/pages/tdp-and-socket-compatibility/TDP-and-Socket-Compatibility-Table.pdf

You can also compare the fan RPM, CFM, static pressure, and noise.

212 RGB Black: 650-2000 +/- 10% RPM, 57.3 CFM, 2.0 mmH2O static pressure, and  8-30 dBA for noise.

Gammaxx GTE V2: 500-1650 +/- 10% RPM, 64.5 CFM, 2.1 mmH2O static pressure, and  ≤27.8 dBA for noise.

https://deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2019-11/7_12726.shtml#Spec

https://www.coolermaster.com/us/en-us/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/#specifications

You can see that the Gammaxx GTE V2 performance is better, and achieves it with a more efficient fan. The Hyper 212 RGB BE does come with an inline button RGB controller, while the Gammaxx GTE V2 does not include a controller and requires the use of a compatible motherboard 12v 4 pin RGB header (although you can link it up to other RGB controllers).

They are both excellent economic air coolers, but the Gammaxx GTE V2 does have a slight advantage in performance. Hope this information is helpful.

DeepCool Support

2 hours ago, DeepCool zer0 said:

Hello Ariel,

Just wanted to provide a little information that may help you decide. I have a lot of experience with both of these products. These two cooler have a lot in common. The original 212 was one of the first to come out with an economic air tower cooler that didn't suck. Today, there are numerous coolers that have come out with a similar design and have improved upon what the 212 has done. You can see that the Gammaxx GTE V2 has a higher TDP rating at 180W over the 150W stated for all of the 212 variations.

https://www.deepcool.com/ProductCompatibilityS/Default.aspx

https://files.coolermaster.com/pages/tdp-and-socket-compatibility/TDP-and-Socket-Compatibility-Table.pdf

You can also compare the fan RPM, CFM, static pressure, and noise.

212 RGB Black: 650-2000 +/- 10% RPM, 57.3 CFM, 2.0 mmH2O static pressure, and  8-30 dBA for noise.

Gammaxx GTE V2: 500-1650 +/- 10% RPM, 64.5 CFM, 2.1 mmH2O static pressure, and  ≤27.8 dBA for noise.

https://deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2019-11/7_12726.shtml#Spec

https://www.coolermaster.com/us/en-us/catalog/coolers/cpu-air-coolers/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/#specifications

You can see that the Gammaxx GTE V2 performance is better, and achieves it with a more efficient fan. The Hyper 212 RGB BE does come with an inline button RGB controller, while the Gammaxx GTE V2 does not include a controller and requires the use of a compatible motherboard 12v 4 pin RGB header (although you can link it up to other RGB controllers).

They are both excellent economic air coolers, but the Gammaxx GTE V2 does have a slight advantage in performance. Hope this information is helpful.

DeepCool Support

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I already bought the Hyper 212 BE.
A clarification to your comment, the comparison is with the Black Edition (NO RGB), so for many the RGB will be decisive (Gammaxx GTE v2 has an RGB fan).
So Hyper 212 BE has the following specifications: 650-2000 RPM (PWM) ± 10%, 42 CFM (Max), 2.9 mmH2O and 6.5 - 26 dBA.

I'm not sure how to interpret this information, maybe you could give us a little interpretation of the fan airflow (64.5 CFM vs 42 CFM) and the fan air pressure (2.1 mmAq vs 2.9 mmH2O).

I couldn't find any video that exactly compared the two models, so it's difficult to me compare their cooling performance or the amount of noise they generate.

My impression is that both are very similar in performance (maybe + -2 ° difference), the Gammaxx GTE v2 has RGB and the Hyper 212 BE seems to be quieter.

I chose the Hyper 212 BE because it seems to be quieter, and if it achieves a similar performance with less airflow, perhaps with an extra fan it could improve a lot, if I ever need it in the future, although these are just my guesses.

I hope this topic can be of use to future people who want to buy one of these two refrigerators.
Greetings.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:42 PM, Ariel0233 said:

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I already bought the Hyper 212 BE.
A clarification to your comment, the comparison is with the Black Edition (NO RGB), so for many the RGB will be decisive (Gammaxx GTE v2 has an RGB fan).
So Hyper 212 BE has the following specifications: 650-2000 RPM (PWM) ± 10%, 42 CFM (Max), 2.9 mmH2O and 6.5 - 26 dBA.

I'm not sure how to interpret this information, maybe you could give us a little interpretation of the fan airflow (64.5 CFM vs 42 CFM) and the fan air pressure (2.1 mmAq vs 2.9 mmH2O).

I couldn't find any video that exactly compared the two models, so it's difficult to me compare their cooling performance or the amount of noise they generate.

My impression is that both are very similar in performance (maybe + -2 ° difference), the Gammaxx GTE v2 has RGB and the Hyper 212 BE seems to be quieter.

I chose the Hyper 212 BE because it seems to be quieter, and if it achieves a similar performance with less airflow, perhaps with an extra fan it could improve a lot, if I ever need it in the future, although these are just my guesses.

I hope this topic can be of use to future people who want to buy one of these two refrigerators.
Greetings.

Certainly. In the easiest of terms: the CFM of a fan is the volume of air that the fan moves. Static pressure (mmH2O/mmAq) is this situation is how hard the air is being blown. Higher static pressure fans are best used when the air must be blown through a medium; such as the heatsink tower of an air cooler. dBA is the level of noise you will hear from each of the units: the lower the dBA the quieter the fan will be during operation. 

So it appears that you bought the non RGB version of the Hyper 212 Black Edition. The performance on it is slightly better than the RGB iteration. The fan design on the non RGB is based on higher static pressure Silencio fan; while the 212 Black RGB utilizes more of an air balance type fan (mix of both CFM and static pressure). A quick look at the fan blades, and you will notice quite a difference in their design. 

Probably the best way to compare these units will be based on the features you are looking for. Between the three mentioned coolers here, the Hyper 212 BE non RGB is slightly better performer in terms of fan RPM, Static Pressure, and a lower dBA. The 212 BE RGB sacrifices a little bit with the use of the RGB fan, and you can see the CFM is higher than with the 212 BE non RGB, but is lower in static pressure, and is louder than the its non RGB counterpart. The Gammaxx GTE V2 has better specs than the 212 BE RGB (except for fan RPM).

If we are to go by stated specs: The 212 BE would be the choice if you don't care about RGB, and performance is what matters. If you want a cooler that has RGB lighting that can also provide good cooling; the Gammaxx GTE V2 would be the better choice than the 212 RGB BE. 

It should also be mentioned that when you add a second fan, and setup that push and pull setup; the dBA is going to increase significantly as well.

I believe this is the most unbias breakdown I can provide; given I am from one of the manufacturers of these coolers. I hope it helps.

DeepCool Support