Mixing RAM kits

Go to solution Solved by SabawSaGabi,
1 hour ago, SabawSaGabi said:

Thank you! I will give you an update. 

I think I resolved the issue. Since you mentioned the timings, I checked the timing when I set the xmp or changed the speed to 3200mhz and the timing is way far from their default timings. I did set the timing too the lowest kit which is 16 18 18 36 because the G.Skill timing is 16 18 18 38. The volts is set to auto and so far not restarting or blue screen. I tried cinebench and doom eternal and no issues so far. Thank you so much aDoomGuy!

Hi,

I bought the Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz ang tried to pair it to Gskill Ripjaw 2x8GB 3200MHz and I can't make it to work 100% stable. It is only working stable without XMP or with the speed of 2166MHz. 

Here's my specs:

R7 2700x OC'ed to 4GHz

RTX 2070 Super

B450M Mortar Max

750Watts Sseasonic Focus

Here's what I did so far:

Changed the DRAM Voltage to 1.40

Changed the frequency from 3200MHz to 2800MHz

Reseat all ram

Memory Diagnostic (No issues found)

BIOS reset

XMP 1 and 2

The nearest configuration that it works for 1 hour without restarting is changing the DRAM voltage to 1.40 with the frequency 3000MHz, but when I remove the RAM, the kits are too hot.

Thank you in advance.

6 minutes ago, SabawSaGabi said:

Hi,

I bought the Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200MHz ang tried to pair it to Gskill Ripjaw 2x8GB 3200MHz and I can't make it to work 100% stable. It is only working stable without XMP or with the speed of 2166MHz. 

R7 2700x OC'ed to 4GHz

The nearest configuration that it works for 1 hour without restarting is changing the DRAM voltage to 1.40 with the frequency 3000MHz, but when I remove the RAM, the kits are too hot.

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

The 2700X memory contoller is good for 2933mhz, so try this frequency.

If the memory is that hot, you need to get a fan on the sticks and actively cool them. 

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hi!

The 2700X memory contoller is good for 2933mhz, so try this frequency.

If the memory is that hot, you need to get a fan on the sticks and actively cool them. 

Thank you for your quick reply. The 2700x is my processor Ryzen, you mean changing it from 4GHz to 2933mhz? But the default speed of my Procie is 3.7GHz. Thank you in advance.

Just now, SabawSaGabi said:

Thank you for your quick reply. The 2700x is my processor Ryzen, you mean changing it from 4GHz to 2933mhz? But the default speed of my Procie is 3.7GHz. Thank you in advance.

No,I mean the processor can handle up to 2933mhz Memory speeds. The cpu is fine, you can leave that alone.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No,I mean the processor can handle up to 2933mhz Memory speeds. The cpu is fine, you can leave that alone.

Understood. Thank you. I tried that frequency, also, tried 2800MHz and my computer is still restarting. So you think that the temp of my RAM is making my PC restart?

Just now, SabawSaGabi said:

Understood. Thank you. I tried that frequency, also, tried 2800MHz and my computer is still restarting. So you think that the temp of my RAM is making my PC restart?

I think it's more because of mixed kits together, but hot PC parts is never good.

Are the timings the same on those sticks or is the slowest DIMMS put in the primary slots?

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Are the timings the same on those sticks or is the slowest DIMMS put in the primary slots?

I didn't change the timings, only their frequencies. Both of my kits have the same speed and size, but different brands. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, SabawSaGabi said:

I didn't change the timings, only their frequencies. Both of my kits have the same speed and size, but different brands. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Yes speed and size but do they have the same timings? (latency). Try a switcharoo by switching the location of both Gskill with both Corsair.

21 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yes speed and size but do they have the same timings? (latency). Try a switcharoo by switching the location of both Gskill with both Corsair.

1 hour ago, SabawSaGabi said:

I think I resolved the issue. Since you mentioned the timings, I checked the timing when I set the xmp or changed the speed to 3200mhz and the timing is way far from their default timings. I did set the timing too the lowest kit which is 16 18 18 36 because the G.Skill timing is 16 18 18 38. The volts is set to auto and so far not restarting or blue screen. I tried cinebench and doom eternal and no issues so far. Thank you so much aDoomGuy!