I want to upgrade my PC

Hello guys, I wanted to upgrade my PC because Im selling this to my friend. The only thing I will save is GPU. Now I have:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

MBO: B450 Tomahawk

GPU: 1080 MSI GamingX 

RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Predator 2933Mhz 

SSD: Samsung 860 PRO 

HDD: 1T 7200RPM 

What I wanted to buy:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 

MBO: B550 Tomahawk 

RAM: Patriot Viper steel 2x8gb 4000MHz or some 3600MHz CL16

SSD: Patriot Viper VPN100 256GB 

HDD: 1T 7200RPM 

CASE: TD500 White Mesh 

I was looking for new 5600x and B550 tomahawk combo but recently I read on forum some problems with b550 tomahawk BIOS and RAM.is that true? So now, I dont know what to buy... I do programming and gaming. If you can suggest me MBO and RAM. If you have any other suggestion, let me know. Thanks!!! 

what country/budget? the 5600x draws little power, so a mid-range b550 board like a asrock pro4 is more than adequate. also, get a 1tb ssd so you can have the games on it, it's not 2006 anymore to have games on a hdd. you don't need separate os and games ssds, just get a 1tb one.

18 minutes ago, Salemanijak said:

I was looking for new 5600x and B550 tomahawk combo but recently I read on forum some problems with b550 tomahawk BIOS and RAM.is that true?

The only issue that will prevent the CPU from running perfectly in the B550 Tomahawk is the BIOS revision that the motherboard ships with as it is not compatible with AMD 5000 series CPUs, so it will require a BIOS flash with the newest BIOS that support AMD 5000 CPUs. Since the B550 Tomahawk has a flash BIOS button on back I/O of the motherboard, you should be able to flash to the latest BIOS that supports the 5600X with a USB thumb drive with the BIOS on it. That is really the only issue with the BIOS. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

what country/budget? the 5600x draws little power, so a mid-range b550 board like a asrock pro4 is more than adequate. also, get a 1tb ssd so you can have the games on it, it's not 2006 anymore to have games on a hdd. you don't need separate os and games ssds, just get a 1tb one.

Im from Serbia but I can order from Hungary. Okay, I will buy 1TB ssd instead of hdd. What ram should I get? 

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

The only issue that will prevent the CPU from running perfectly in the B550 Tomahawk is the BIOS revision that the motherboard ships with as it is not compatible with AMD 5000 series CPUs, so it will require a BIOS flash with the newest BIOS that support AMD 5000 CPUs. Since the B550 Tomahawk has a flash BIOS button on back I/O of the motherboard, you should be able to flash to the latest BIOS that supports the 5600X with a USB thumb drive with the BIOS on it. That is really the only issue with the BIOS. 

So i just need to update bios and that's it? What ram should I get, Im not planning to OC but I can do that with DRAM calc easily. I know that patriot is B-die. Do you have any suggestion for the RAM? Should I buy Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb 4000MHz and OC it to 3600? 

24 minutes ago, Salemanijak said:

So i just need to update bios and that's it? What ram should I get, Im not planning to OC but I can do that with DRAM calc easily. I know that patriot is B-die. Do you have any suggestion for the RAM? Should I buy Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb 4000MHz and OC it to 3600? 

Yeah you should be fine with just updating the BIOS on the motherboard and it will start right up as normal. I personally buy Corsair RAM as I hardly encounter issues with their RAM sticks, but I can't speak about their RAM with AMD rigs (Using Intel right now and my previous build). The Patriot Viper Steel is pretty good but if your getting 4000Mhz, I would just set DOCP on so it achieves the rated speeds the RAM is good for. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah you should be fine with just updating the BIOS on the motherboard and it will start right up as normal. I personally buy Corsair RAM as I hardly encounter issues with their RAM sticks, but I can't speak about their RAM with AMD rigs (Using Intel right now and my previous build). The Patriot Viper Steel is pretty good but if your getting 4000Mhz, I would just set DOCP on so it achieves the rated speeds the RAM is good for. 

Okay, thanks for the information!!!

18 minutes ago, Salemanijak said:

Okay, thanks for the information!!!

Anytime!!!