Corsair 250D and Seasonic fanless PSU

Freaky_spider

It says it should have good airflow so i suppose it's a bad idea to put it in a 250D?

i cant seem to find any info on it.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

The psu mounts directly under the mobo it seems.

This makes it so that the air has almost no space to rise and float away.

I wouldn't put it in, but I hold my judgement.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Passive PSUs dissipate heat from the vents, located on top. If you place it looking at the floor, the heat will rise and accumulate, not being able to get out.

Yeah, heat rises, probable wont be anything to serious, but to be safe i personally would give it a miss.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I'm not sure, but if you put it with the vent down, like in a normal PSU (filter removed), the hot air will still rise, but will be forced out of the back of the unit, instead of just accumulating under the motherboard tray.

This way, a natural convection current will be made and some cool air will get in, hence why I said to remove the filter to make it as unrestrictive as possible.

Seasonic is very explicit about how the psu should be oriented. They suggest that it must be oriented with the open side facing up.

Coil whine is a common complaint from fanless psu users.

If one wants a very quiet solution simply go with a larger psu. Most modern units, particularly Gold and Platinum rated units only run the fan when the load raises the temperature sufficiently to need active cooling. And then they adjust fan speed based on need.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I got the 250D with asus impact,4670k and a 770 phantom.. with the h60 cooler with push pull in the front and 2 corsair AF on the sides for good "exhaust" but it gets warm.. not hot but warm.. the phantom goes up to 82.. compared to 74 in my corsair 350 testrig.. so i would go for a corsair RM or something that has a fan that kicks in when it gets hot.. i got a 450watts  RM in it and i game for 45 min before the fan kicks in..  

I got the 250D with asus impact,4670k and a 770 phantom.. with the h60 cooler with push pull in the front and 2 corsair AF on the sides for good "exhaust" but it gets warm.. not hot but warm.. the phantom goes up to 82.. compared to 74 in my corsair 350 testrig.. so i would go for a corsair RM or something that has a fan that kicks in when it gets hot.. i got a 450watts  RM in it and i game for 45 min before the fan kicks in..  

thanks for the information, ill maybe go with a RM550 because it will kick in later, but if its longer (as in physically longer) 450 watts will have to do :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

thanks for the information, ill maybe go with a RM550 because it will kick in later, but if its longer (as in physically longer) 450 watts will have to do :D

same size :)