Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed - Is it a good mouse?

weeblord
Go to solution Solved by Coolmaster,

I'm using it right now and it is nice. The wireless latency is small, and it feels nice in the hand. The buttons including the side ones are tactile, and being able to save profiles to the mouse is nice. I got it last week so I can't speak to the battery life, but not having a rechargeable battery is kinda annoying, but I think it works with Razer's wireless charging mousepads. The scroll wheel is probably the weakest part, it makes a kinda weird noise if you scroll it at its base but that doesn't really matter, the wheel is cool since you can see through it. And replacing the battery is easy, the back comes off magnetically and it's fun just taking off the cover and putting it back on.

Compared to it's main competition of the Logitech G305, I like Basilisk better. The G305 has weird partitions on the sides of the buttons, so if you press down on the edge you might be pushing on a piece of plastic and not clicking. The G305 side buttons are also small and doesn't stick out of the side enough and pressing down on them you end up hitting the chasis of the mouse. Also the wheel of the G305 doesn't stick up enough for my liking and I feel weird scrolling with it. The G305 isn't tall enough for my liking, I always feel like I'm lifting it up off the desk to have it in a natural state, and you don't really have anywhere to put your thumb, ring finger, or pinky and You have to keep them away from the desk to stop them from rubbing against the desk.

But that's just my personal taste, maybe try to find it in a store and see how it feels.

I'm currently using a Lancehead TE that I've had for about... 1-2 years or so. The scroll wheel is jumping and glitching so I've decided to replace it,  and because I was going to switch to wireless anyway. I use a palm grip, and my hand size is roughly 4 inches wide and 6.75 inches long. If you're going to recommend an alternative, my budget is $50 and wireless is a must. And the weight doesn't really bother me either. But I was just wondering if it's a good mouse for the money ($35 on Amazon currently). Thanks in advance!

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

I'm using it right now and it is nice. The wireless latency is small, and it feels nice in the hand. The buttons including the side ones are tactile, and being able to save profiles to the mouse is nice. I got it last week so I can't speak to the battery life, but not having a rechargeable battery is kinda annoying, but I think it works with Razer's wireless charging mousepads. The scroll wheel is probably the weakest part, it makes a kinda weird noise if you scroll it at its base but that doesn't really matter, the wheel is cool since you can see through it. And replacing the battery is easy, the back comes off magnetically and it's fun just taking off the cover and putting it back on.

Compared to it's main competition of the Logitech G305, I like Basilisk better. The G305 has weird partitions on the sides of the buttons, so if you press down on the edge you might be pushing on a piece of plastic and not clicking. The G305 side buttons are also small and doesn't stick out of the side enough and pressing down on them you end up hitting the chasis of the mouse. Also the wheel of the G305 doesn't stick up enough for my liking and I feel weird scrolling with it. The G305 isn't tall enough for my liking, I always feel like I'm lifting it up off the desk to have it in a natural state, and you don't really have anywhere to put your thumb, ring finger, or pinky and You have to keep them away from the desk to stop them from rubbing against the desk.

But that's just my personal taste, maybe try to find it in a store and see how it feels.

As a former user of Logitech G502, The shape is good. IDK about the weight though.

I switched to a G603 and set it on performance mode. two AA batteries lasted me almost 6 months. The Bluetooth option and the dongle option is great so I can actually just press one button to switch between two devices. I think the price difference between this and the G305 is about $5-10. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

8 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

3 minutes ago, MartinKweh said:

As a former user of Logitech G502, The shape is good. IDK about the weight though.

I switched to a G603 and set it on performance mode. two AA batteries lasted me almost 6 months. The Bluetooth option and the dongle option is great so I can actually just press one button to switch between two devices. I think the price difference between this and the G305 is about $5-10. 

Thanks guys. Thread closed

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can