1650 super

leonardmartin29
Go to solution Solved by Qaeo,
1 minute ago, leonardmartin29 said:

im well aware how to search for 1650 supers. i wanted peoples opinions on the different models within that. sorry if you couldnt comprehend that but maybe you should try understanding why someone would want others opinion about a product. 

The new Asus TUF ones seems pretty good. It’s around $240CAD and is great quality compared to it’s pricier predecessors. The thermals shouldn’t have any problems

as a budget card, cheaper is better. 

do you have any specific size requirements?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

How to find 1650 supers...

on Newegg... go here

on NVIDIA.com... go here and add 1650 super to filter

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

2 minutes ago, wall03 said:

How to find 1650 supers...

on Newegg... go here

on NVIDIA.com... go here and add 1650 super to filter

im well aware how to search for 1650 supers. i wanted peoples opinions on the different models within that. sorry if you couldnt comprehend that but maybe you should try understanding why someone would want others opinion about a product. 

The new Asus TUF ones seems pretty good. It’s around $240CAD and is great quality compared to it’s pricier predecessors. The thermals shouldn’t have any problems

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

as a budget card, cheaper is better. 

do you have any specific size requirements?

id say no bigger than 10" 

1 minute ago, Qaeo said:

ive heard that from others as well seems like a good cheap card

ive heard that from others as well seems like a good cheap card

It’s around eight inches so compatibility isn’t a problem. If you were to spend a little more, the ‘highend’ cards in this price range aren’t noticeable and you’d be better off buying a 1660 if you want performance over price  

4 minutes ago, Qaeo said:

It’s around eight inches so compatibility isn’t a problem. If you were to spend a little more, the ‘highend’ cards in this price range aren’t noticeable and you’d be better off buying a 1660 if you want performance over price  

from what i see i can get 1650 super for 22-260 cad, and 1660 for 300-340 but im told the 1660 is not much faster than a 1650 super like 3-4%

from what i see i can get 1650 super for 22-260 cad, and 1660 for 300-340 but im told the 1660 is not much faster than a 1650 super like 3-4%

plus the 1660 and 1660 super seem to be out of stock on amazon where i shop

Tis true, just aim for the 1650 Supers with 12GBps-14GBps memory speeds to make the most of it’s 4gb of GDDR6

Just now, Qaeo said:

Tis true, just aim for the 1650 Supers with 12GBps-14GBps memory speeds to make the most of it’s 4gb of GDDR6

im gonna try for that asus tuf one 

2 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

im gonna try for that asus tuf one 

If you don’t like it or it isn’t as expected you always have the option of returning it and buying a similar one (inside its 30 day or whatever return period). Another option is Gigabyte’s 1650 Super WINDFORCE OC https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=159611  It’s $10 cheaper and still looks nice

40 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

it's just that the model doesn't matter too much... it's the same chip in the end, with most likely the same video memory.

It's the LTT version of asking if you turned it on and off again

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

23 minutes ago, wall03 said:

it's just that the model doesn't matter too much... it's the same chip in the end, with most likely the same video memory.

It's the LTT version of asking if you turned it on and off again

choosing a brand is not about just the performance its also about reputation, other customer experience, my past customer experience good or bad its not just about whos faster

I had all different brand GPU. EVGA, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and Zotac.

For Customer Support EVGA is top of the line for me.

The RMA process on EVGA Product isn't complicated and they always honor its warranties. EVGA can also transfer warranties to other if you decide to sell your GPU.. That what I like about them.

Have you tried going for RX 580?

13 minutes ago, Kupal said:

I had all different brand GPU. EVGA, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and Zotac.

For Customer Support EVGA is top of the line for me.

The RMA process on EVGA Product isn't complicated and they always honor its warranties. EVGA can also transfer warranties to other if you decide to sell your GPU.. That what I like about them.

Have you tried going for RX 580?

not at all interested in AMD products. 

3 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Nah 1660 is 13% faster at 1080p in techpowerup's testsuite. So for a $220 CAD 1650 Super it would be a decent deal, but I wouldn't buy a $250+ 1650 Super over a $300 1660.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-gtx-1650-super/27.html

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

1650 Super is a nice value card if you get one cheap and I can't imagine overpaying for a cooler on a 100W card. I'd honestly just go cheap as long as it's not a blower. I went with one of the cheaper 1660 Supers myself since I wasn't going to pay for a hefty cooler on a 120W card and it still is capable of a +100 core / +150 memory overclock that I run playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

25 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nah 1660 is 13% faster at 1080p in techpowerup's testsuite. So for a $220 CAD 1650 Super it would be a decent deal, but I wouldn't buy a $250+ 1650 Super over a $300 1660.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-gtx-1650-super/27.html

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

Actually they are close to performance you would not even notice any difference between FPS. 4% is not noticeable at all.

Let say GTX 1060 3GB to GTX 1650 Super 4GB. there 18% performance on your benchmark.. But THE FPS difference between them is only like 3-10 FPS. Which is not worth to upgrade to If you have GTX 1060 3GB.

You could buy a GTX 1060 3GB from ebay 50-100$

4 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

choosing a brand is not about just the performance its also about reputation, other customer experience, my past customer experience good or bad its not just about whos faster

If you care about that I'd probably stay away from Asus and go towards EVGA instead. Hell if you register your card within 14 days of purchase and within 90 days of purchase you decide you want something beefier you can use their Step Up program where you send them your card plus the difference in price vs the card you want to replace it.

https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Though you probably won't be able to step up to 30 series cards anytime soon considering how hard they are to find.

1 hour ago, Kupal said:

Actually they are close to performance you would not even notice any difference between FPS. 4% is not noticeable at all.

Let say GTX 1060 3GB to GTX 1650 Super 4GB. there 18% performance on your benchmark.. But THE FPS difference between them is only like 3-10 FPS. Which is not worth to upgrade to If you have GTX 1060 3GB.

You could buy a GTX 1060 3GB from ebay 50-100$

That's kind of a strawman. I wasn't saying it would make any sense to get a 1660 if he already had a 1650 Super. But that a $300 1660 is probably a better buy than a $250 1650 Super, especially considering the extra VRAM. Cheap 1660 > expensive 1650 Super. Cheap 1650 Super though is a solid buy for 1080p. Used is definitely another way to go but some don't like going used where you have no recourse if the card craps out.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

That's kind of a strawman. I wasn't saying it would make any sense to get a 1660 if he already had a 1650 Super. But that a $300 1660 is probably a better buy than a $250 1650 Super, especially considering the extra VRAM. Cheap 1660 > expensive 1650 Super. Cheap 1650 Super though is a solid buy for 1080p. Used is definitely another way to go but some don't like going used where you have no recourse if the card craps out.

No. Im just saying The Benchmark Percentage. Like Your saying 1660 13% faster than 1650 Super. But the truth is that 13% Percentage performance is not worth on performance price.

Let see Cheapest Brand out there.

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER - 169$

ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 - 230$

That 61$ Difference for a 5-10 FPS Increased over 1650 Super. That like 6$ Per 1 FPS.

i bought multiple used card on ebay. If the GPU doesnt work, ill do contact the seller and get refund. ebay will refund you :) the seller had no choice or else the seller wont be able to sell anything on ebay.

11 minutes ago, Kupal said:

No. Im just saying The Benchmark Percentage. Like Your saying 1660 13% faster than 1650 Super. But the truth is that 13% Percentage performance is not worth on performance price.

Let see Cheapest Brand out there.

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER - 169$

ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 - 230$

That 61$ Difference for a 5-10 FPS game difference. That like 6$ Per 1 FPS.

i bought multiple used card on ebay. If the GPU doesnt work, ill do contact the seller and get refund. ebay will refund you :) the seller had no choice or else the seller wont be able to sell anything on ebay.

I was going on his prices he quoted, where a cheap 1660 was $300CAD and an expensive 1650 Super was $260CAD. In that case I'd take the cheap 1660 any day. Of course cheap 1650 Super (he quoted $220CAD) vs cheap 1660 is a whole different ballgame and then the cheap 1650 Super is again a really compelling buy. Was mostly just illustrating how wasteful buying higher end versions of lower-end cards is. Especially when there is almost nothing to gain from higher end coolers on such cards, unlike say the difference cooler makes for how an RX 5700 XT will run.