elgato capture cards? Is it good for me?

Lightning

Hi. I am interested in using my PC to stream the console output to avoid excessive wiring, playing to my monitor and having my PC act as a hub for everything. Is the elgato cards a great solution for this, particularly interested in the pcie HD 60 pro one? Discord streaming/chat on the fly is a big bonus. I just want to make the experience as convenient as much as possible so I don't have to unplug and replug audio set ups and monitors everytime I switch between my PC and consoles.

Elgato makes some great stuff, I use their PCIe ones for broadcast video and have had no problems with it. I think the HD60 pro has passthrough, so you would be able to plug your HDMI from the console into the capture card, bring that signal into OBS or something for separate streaming/recording, and then it would be "laglessly" passed through to the HDMI out port of the card so you could plug a TV or monitor into that cable.

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

2 minutes ago, Nerdom said:

Elgato makes some great stuff, I use their PCIe ones for broadcast video and have had no problems with it. I think the HD60 pro has passthrough, so you would be able to plug your HDMI from the console into the capture card, bring that signal into OBS or something for separate streaming/recording, and then it would be "laglessly" passed through to the HDMI out port of the card so you could plug a TV or monitor into that cable.

How is their gameview software? I want to play it on my desktop monitor instead so I can freely switch between them.

1 minute ago, Lightning said:

How is their gameview software? I want to play it on my desktop monitor instead so I can freely switch between them.

Never used it, so couldn't give a review. 

R9 3900x, 32gb 3200mhz corsair dominator RGB, 1070Ti Founders Edition, HP 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2020 at 5:08 AM, Lightning said:

Terrible, it has latency at about 68Ms, Avermedia Live gamer 4k has about 32Ms latency, so you can't use the monitor to game from, maybe the Avermedia 4k for story/solo games.

Note: Elgato 4k60 Mk2 allows you to open it on two different applications eg(you can stream at 1080p and maybe record at 4k) But only at max FPS of 60.

Avermedia Liver gamer 4k, can only give out one video signal so you can't stream and record separately, but it does record 1080p/ 240FPS, 1440p/144Fps & 4k/60FPS.