Are Seasonic modular cables compatible with Phanteks Amp PSUs?

flametwist
Go to solution Solved by Eighjan,
1 minute ago, flametwist said:

Yeah, I meant the PSU end pinouts. I am not a native English speaker

My suggestion would be to get sleeved EXTENSIONS, rather than a cable set, unless you can 100% guarantee that the source of the PSU you want to buy is as claimed.

So, I want to buy a Phanteks Amp 750 PSU, and add custom sleeved cables down the line. Since the Amps are basically reskinned Seasonic Focus-GX PSUs, and the connectors seem to be the same, will custom sleeved cables for Seasonic PSUs compatible with them?

So, I want to buy a Phanteks Amp 750 PSU, and add custom sleeved cables down the line. Since the Amps are basically reskinned Seasonic Focus-GX PSUs, and the connectors seem to be the same, will custom sleeved cables for Seasonic PSUs compatible with them?

It's not the connectors that would be the issue, rather the PSU end pinouts - only the motherboard ends HAVE to be the same.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

AS above, the connectors may be fine but the pinout may be different

best was to check is to get a DMM and check the pin outs are the same

here is the seasonic ones

https://pc-mods.com/blogs/psu-pinout-repository/seasonic-focus-sgx-cables-pinout

I did this for my NZXT S650 (which is a rebranded Seasonic Focus SGX)

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

It's not the connectors that would be the issue, rather the PSU end pinouts - only the motherboard ends HAVE to be the same.

My suggestion would be to get sleeved EXTENSIONS, rather than a cable set, unless you can 100% guarantee that the source of the PSU you want to buy is as claimed.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

OK, thank you

3 hours ago, Eighjan said:

That's a terrible idea.  "Let's make the voltage drop more by adding more cable length and additional connectors and.. oh yeah... now I have to hide all of this excess cable somewhere."

Phantek Amp does in fact use the same cables as Seasonic Prime/Focus.

28 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's a terrible idea.  "Let's make the voltage drop more by adding more cable length and additional connectors and.. oh yeah... now I have to hide all of this excess cable somewhere."

Phantek Amp does in fact use the same cables as Seasonic Prime/Focus.

Thank you very much, might have been a bit quick to mark that as a solution tbh