No CPU Speed/Frequency in Ryzen Master

Hello guys,

So i´ve encountered a weird issue with Ryzen Master. While everything seems working fine, it just wont show any Speed/Frequency of my CPU. It doest matter whether its in idle or under prime95. It simply says 0Mhz. While checking the Ryzen Master Version I realized it shows my CPU as a 5600x but says it has 0/0 Cores/Threads.

Here are the Specs of my System:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 5600x

Mainboard: Asus Strix B550 - E Gaming

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super

I alredy checked my Drivers and Stuff:

Chipset: 2.05.04.352

BIOS: 1202 (there is only a newer beta version as of now)

Winows: (20H2) up to date (at least windows shows no update)

Ryzen Master 2.6.0.1702

As I was still rocking my Fx8350 before upgrading, I´m not quite familiar with all the new tools yet. So I might just have overlooked somethig trivial. Yes I restared my PC. I also realized that Aida 64 wasnt reading my Frequency right. So maybe the CPU is just too new ?

I also stumbled across a similar thread but the forum said it was too old, I should do a new one. (wasn´t solved anyway)

I hope somebody can help, thank you in advance

EDIT:

Fixed with new BIOS (Agesa 1.2.0.0) and Ryzen Master (2.6.1.x)

idk what the BIOSes look like on Asus, but when I got my 5950x on a b550 vision D, the BIOS it shipped with was old, didn't report clock speed, and detected half of my RAM. updating DID solve that. does the clock speed show in BIOS?

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

47 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

idk what the BIOSes look like on Asus, but when I got my 5950x on a b550 vision D, the BIOS it shipped with was old, didn't report clock speed, and detected half of my RAM. updating DID solve that. does the clock speed show in BIOS?

Yes the clock speeds show in Bios, as well as other software like occt, Hw monitor etc. Now i just remembered i think msi afterburner didnt show them either. very weird. The bios is the latest non beta, asus provides.

Same here - AORUS Elite x570 + 5600x - Ryzen master shows no current CPU speed and is not detecting cores in Creator or game  mode, any changes to RAM or infinity fabric is not followed by reboot. Cant set RAM past 3200 with XMP enabled...

NZXT CAM will not display CPU temp but NZXT already announced that they are working with AMD on this.

26 minutes ago, Minitrex said:

Same here - AORUS Elite x570 + 5600x - Ryzen master shows no current CPU speed and is not detecting cores in Creator or game  mode, any changes to RAM or infinity fabric is not followed by reboot. Cant set RAM past 3200 with XMP enabled...

NZXT CAM will not display CPU temp but NZXT already announced that they are working with AMD on this.

on my config, ryzen master seems to report accurately, though i haven't tried to modify settings with it as i don't do software OCing (multi-os user here, which makes that pretty difficult/impossible). try wiping it, getting your newest chipset drivers, bios, and ryzen master, and only open it, but don't change settings or modes?

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

on my config, ryzen master seems to report accurately, though i haven't tried to modify settings with it as i don't do software OCing (multi-os user here, which makes that pretty difficult/impossible). try wiping it, getting your newest chipset drivers, bios, and ryzen master, and only open it, but don't change settings or modes?

What mobo you are suing ?

1 hour ago, Minitrex said:

What mobo you are suing ?

6 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

47 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

I have updated to latest BIOS , CPU-z ,task manager and BIOS displays clocks but not Ryzen Master, also no core selection on creator or gamer mode....

So I just found out, that AMD actually wants a x570 chipset for ryzen master. However It should work fine with B550 as some sites report. 

Edit: Aida64 it works fine now. Ryzen Master and MSI Afterburner is still very weird

2 hours ago, Sarius23 said:

So I just found out, that AMD actually wants a x570 chipset for ryzen master. However It should work fine with B550 as some sites report. 

Edit: Aida64 it works fine now. Ryzen Master and MSI Afterburner is still very weird

what you mean by "AMD wants a x570 chipset" ?

4 hours ago, Minitrex said:

what you mean by "AMD wants a x570 chipset" ?

That the B550 chipset is not officially supported. Only B350, B450, B550A, TRX40, X300, X370, X399, X470, X570.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this at all? My Ryzen Master still wont show cores or threads for my 5800x. Running a b550 Aorus elite Ax 

Ryzen Master.png

It might be a bug in the BIOS, or a bug in Ryzen Master.

Give it a few weeks, check for updates to both, and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Alternatively, you could contact ASUS support, and if you're lucky, they might send you more than just an automated 'we received your support ticket' response.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

yeah nothing has changed yet. I´m just waiting for updates :)

Same thing here. Ryzen Master dont pick up my cpu clock speeds at all.

5600X

B550 Aorus Pro AC

Fun fact, my board is better than most of the "officially supported" X570s... Better PCB layers for ram oc, better vrm, better cooling...

AMD must be joking for not updating Ryzen Master.

• 2 weeks later...

After a painful few weeks trying to talk to Gigabyte support, they have left me with:

'Please check other CPU Ryzen 5800X if isolate CPU issue.'

Not very helpful or possible for me to do so. If anyone runs into the same issue and resolves it, I would be greatly appreciative. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 7:01 AM, Terrence.J said:

Any update on this at all? My Ryzen Master still wont show cores or threads for my 5800x. Running a b550 Aorus elite Ax 

Ryzen Master.png

Multiple BIOS updates later no joy , notice that when you download RM , 5600x is not on the list of supported CPU's on AMD web - it goes max till 3600XT.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, Sarius23 said:

Just upgraded to an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero and 5800x and I'm having this issue despite being on an x570. Downloaded all chipset drivers and the board shipped with the Ryzen 5000 ready sticker and the BIOS from 10/20. Three updates since then so maybe it's there but this is still a thing and even on x570s.

For me nothing has changed so far, but I also found out that, one time, when I was changing stuff in the BIOS, The TCD and EDC values changed. Before the change, they where two sepereate read outs, after however, they were stuck on the same value. changing, but TDC and EDC always dispaled the same percentage. Unfortunately I can´t remember what exactly triggered that.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a 5800x and ryzen master shows no clock speed. When i check my pc specs ryzen master says i have 0/0 logical cores. apparently a lot of people are experiencing this issue at the moment. the only answer i have found i will share here for those who have not seen this yet. Granted, i do not know if this is true nor do i know why ryzen master is acting funky. if anyone does find the reason behind this and/or a solution please let us know. thanks!

the article says that some 5600x and 5800x are 2ccx processors, instead of one, that did not make the cut to be a 5900x or 5950x. 

https://www.igorslab.de/en/ryzen-5-5600x-und-ryzen-7-5700x-mit-2-ccds-aufgetaucht-laesst-sich-die-cpu-zum-ryzen-9-unlocken-2/

Got a reply from AMD who have said their engineering team know of the issue and are working on it. Not super helpful but hopefully they can work together with motherboard companies to fix it with the release in Feb ^

It appears, that this problem is caused by the fact, that some 5600X and 5800X CPUs (like mine) have 2 CCDs instead of one, with one disabled (https://www.igorslab.de/en/ryzen-5-5600x-und-ryzen-7-5700x-mit-2-ccds-aufgetaucht-laesst-sich-die-cpu-zum-ryzen-9-unlocken-2/). For those interested, could you download Clock Tuner for Ryzen (CTR) 2.0 and check, if you get a message "You have a unique processor- Active CCD#2" in the logs on the right? You can also use HWinfo, to see if it reports the temperature for CCD2.

Yeah, HWinfo displays CCD2 temp... I am one of the lucky ones to have a 2CCDs, so can I say now, that I have deformed R7 5900X? :D Hope they will fix this soon.