waht monitor

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by Geekazoid,

@Bajantechnician, back on topic. If you have the cash to blow I would personally get 3 - 5 x ASUS PB238Q IPS displays as you'd be able turn them all into portrait mode if you wanted or even just for the coolness factor. They're pretty awesome. :D

@Bajantechnician, back on topic. If you have the cash to blow I would personally get 3 - 5 x ASUS PB238Q IPS displays as you'd be able turn them all into portrait mode if you wanted or even just for the coolness factor. They're pretty awesome. :D

For gaming, there isn't really anything that would currently run well at the resolution whether it be the gpus or the games themselves. He'd be better off going with a 4K display.

so get 4630k? and is it 6 core? if it is, thats the one im getting

so is a 4630k able to last atleast 5 years? and is it hex core?

It's the 6 core. Also, it's the 4930k, not the 4630k--you keep misspelling it. It should last 5 years but is not worth the money for gaming. Basically, don't get it if what you want to do is just game. You're better off getting the 4670k which is pretty much just as good for gaming and saving the extra money for things that actually matter like more frequent future upgrades. You get much better performance by upgrading every 1-3 years instead of every 5 with the same amount of money.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For gaming, there isn't really anything that would currently run well at the resolution whether it be the gpus or the games themselves. He'd be better off going with a 4K display.

It's the 6 core. Also, it's the 4930k, not the 4630k--you keep misspelling it. It should last 5 years but is not worth the money for gaming. Basically, don't get it if what you want to do is just game. You're better off getting the 4670k which is pretty much just as good for gaming and saving the extra money for things that actually matter like more frequent future upgrades. You get much better performance by upgrading every 1-3 years instead of every 5 with the same amount of money.

it need to be i7 too forgot to mention that...

it need to be i7 too forgot to mention that...

Why?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

the board"...........

It's pointless spending so much more for little to no improvement for games though. 

It's pointless spending so much more for little to no improvement for games though.

the board is for expand ability in the future

the board is for expand ability in the future

The expandability for going with lga 2011 over 1150 is pretty irrelevant for gaming...

The expandability for going with lga 2011 over 1150 is pretty irrelevant for gaming...

the board... 16x over 4 pci express slots AND 8x over 4 PCI express slots ON THE SAME BOARD

the board... 16x over 4 pci express slots AND 8x over 4 PCI express slots ON THE SAME BOARD

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

look it up... And Linus did a review on it...
the link and the video are different links

look it up... And Linus did a review on it... -snip-  the link and the video are different links

Ahh, my memory failed me there.

Why would this matter though? You're gaming and not editing videos for a living. 

Why would this matter though? You're gaming and not editing videos for a living.

@WoodenMarker Its for gaming as I said, mining (I want to), and ibwant it to last me many years without needing to change it out. Also it is a workstation motherboard so it is verified to work with differedt 3rd party hardware Also got like 7+ reasons, but to lazy to type out ALSO THE. EXPANTION ;)

see post above...