Returning TXM

Manderis

I am about to return the TX650M I bought because it is loud under idle load (disattached all system fans, set CPU fan to 0 RPM below 50 °C, no HDD installed). Im might have misinterpreted the Tier List but I thought TXM 2017 would include 2017 and current. Probably my bad. But if I did interpreted it right you might want to change the color from gold to plain black because it is not a quiet unit. 

1 minute ago, Manderis said:

But if I did interpreted it right you might want to change the color from gold to plain black because it is not a quiet unit. 

Yeah, it's in the pending changelog, it probably became gold after it was moved from tier B (where there are no blue color and no requirement for gold colored units to be quiet).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Yeah, it's in the pending changelog, it probably became gold after it was moved from tier B (where there are no blue color and no requirement for gold colored units to be quiet).

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations for a Silent PSU ~100 € in Germany. I got lucky and scored a 5600X currently with a GTX 960 but getting any GPU that makes sense in the 500 € price point. Maybe a used 2080 super/ti, maybe Radeon 6800 or RTX3070 or 3060 if one get announced soon. I am looking at used Dark Rock Pro 11 or new Straight Power 11 Platinum Units but i would appreciate inspiration based on personal recommendations now because I made my mistake.

25 minutes ago, Manderis said:

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations for a Silent PSU ~100 € in Germany. I got lucky and scored a 5600X currently with a GTX 960 but getting any GPU that makes sense in the 500 € price point. Maybe a used 2080 super/ti, maybe Radeon 6800 or RTX3070 or 3060 if one get announced soon. I am looking at used Dark Rock Pro 11 or new Straight Power 11 Platinum Units but i would appreciate inspiration based on personal recommendations now because I made my mistake.

Stay away from used if you have a budget for new. bq! SP11 Gold is better than Platinum. Aside of that, Bitfenix Whisper M, Corsair RM-x, Enermax Revolution D.F., Fractal Design ION+, Super Flower Leadex III (ARGB or not) would be usual suspects.

34 minutes ago, Juular said:

bq! SP11 Gold is better than Platinum

What is the rational here? Because tests and the Tier List suggested me that the Platinum Version is the "newer" refreshed one that is less loud under higher loads. Because I can get the SP 11 Gold 650 W for ~110 € wich would fit my budget and i have no bad experiences with be quiet!
Thanks for the list, I will look into those units and the availability/pricing too.

5 minutes ago, Manderis said:

What is the rational here? Because tests and the Tier List suggested me that the Platinum Version is the "newer" refreshed one that is less loud under higher loads. Because I can get the SP 11 Gold 650 W for ~110 € wich would fit my budget and i have no bad experiences with be quiet!
Thanks for the list, I will look into those units and the availability/pricing too.

This is why we tell people:

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

Because this is now six posts deep addressing YOUR NEEDS specifically.  We have a whole PSU forum.  No reason to just reply to the thread at the top and not create a new thread.

26 minutes ago, Manderis said:

What is the rational here? Because tests and the Tier List suggested me that the Platinum Version is the "newer" refreshed one that is less loud under higher loads.

I don't know specifics but RMA rate for these new units is quite high apparently, besides, it really doesn't perform any better than the Gold version aside of that it's tiny bit quieter (which wouldn't be noticeable at all), it isn't really that worse either but if you can get Gold version for cheaper then it would be a better pick.

46 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

This is why we tell people:

Because this is now six posts deep addressing YOUR NEEDS specifically.  We have a whole PSU forum.  No reason to just reply to the thread at the top and not create a new thread.

I am sorry to offend you. My first and third post addressed questions and uncertainties to the PSU Tier List specifically, my second post was purely a question for a recommendation wich would qualify as a new thread, true. My bad. Thanks anyway to @Juular for replying.

19 minutes ago, Juular said:

I don't know specifics but RMA rate for these new units is quite high apparently, besides, it really doesn't perform any better than the Gold version aside of that it's tiny bit quieter (which wouldn't be noticeable at all), it isn't really that worse either but if you can get Gold version for cheaper then it would be a better pick.

Thanks for clarification, the blue color in the Tier List for the Platinum Version made me think that it is significantly quieter compared to the Gold SP11. 

10 hours ago, Manderis said:

the blue color in the Tier List for the Platinum Version made me think that it is significantly quieter compared to the Gold SP11. 

Blue color requirements are already included in gold, so gold > blue. Oh, well, and Gold version is supposed to be gold colored, it got lost somewhere in the last revision.