VR vs Third Monitor

canth03

Hi, I have been wondering what to invest my money in as I would like to expand my setup. I currently have two 60hz monitors, 1080ti (3080 on preorder) and a 9th gen i7. I would love to expand into the world of vr by buying the oculus rift s as it has modern technology and is not overly price in terms of vr. Equally, I would like to purchase a more modern monitor for gaming on (either 240hz at 1080p or 144hz at 1440p). This would be a significant upgrade but I'm not very good with monitors and which to buy. I've been looking at the ASUS ROG STRIX XG248Q which is quite pricey but seems worth it. Any recommendations  on monitors or which choice would you pick in my situation as black friday is fast approaching? Thanks

I wouldn't get this ASUS if you care about imagequality since it only has a 6bit TN panel. I personally would rather go for 1440p monitor because of the higher resolution (trust me, it makes a HUGE difference over 1080p) and the difference between 144Hz and 240Hz shouldn't be too big, especially since you used only 60Hz monitors so far. If you can finde a cheap one at black friday, you could also look into a 1440p 240Hz? Maybe you could look into the AOC Gaming CQ32G1 or the Dell S3220DGF, but you have to consider they are VA, so you'll get some smearing (but I doon't know how bad on them), the screen size is HUGE but I personally love that. The Acer Nitro VG0 or Nitro VG270UPbmiipx (don't really know wich ones the official name XD) looks pretty good overall, it has IPS and FreeSync (but should also work with Nvidia cards like most FreeSync panels, even if they are not officially supported).