3900x vs 5800x vs 5900x for new build

Enry

Hi, I am planning a new build and I'm wondering if buying a new 3rd gen ryzen is worth the extra cost. 

I live in Europe and here I can find the 3900x at around €430, the 5800x at €540 and the 5900x at €660. I use the pc for moderate non-competitive gaming, video editing and programming. 

The 5800x here is 110€ more and has 4 less cores, while the 5900x has the same number of cores and is undeniably faster but costs 230€ more. 

My question is: is it worth it to buy the new ryzens or it makes more sense to just go for the 3900x, even if it has worse single thread performance? Is there also a noticeable difference in system responsivity due to the worse single thread performance?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Is video editing a recreational hobby or a side job/occupation? If time is money, you buy the 5900X. Worth the extra cost. Gaming is the primary use? The 5800X, arguably the 5600X, is the best pick. 12 threads can still render video nice and fast, and the single threaded is everything you need it to be to have the best experience.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

First, I would say go Ryzen 5000, because it is just SO much faster. I mean you get almost 20% IPC (instructions per clock) uplift. Also to address the latency, I REALLY dont feel like expaining why, but yes there is a large difference in latency, whether it is noticable is determined my you. If you really dont want to pay for the new generation, go with 3000 series, but other wise go Ryzen 5000