Monitor Going Black After Startup

CC268
Go to solution Solved by CC268,

Well it appears everything is working now. 

Hey guys,

I've been trying to do a clean install of Windows on my PC (see specs in my signature). However, I can't even get through the setup without the monitor going black. The PC is still running and I can hear Cortana talking through the Windows setup, but the signal to the monitor is getting cut off for some reason. I've tried a new HDMI cable, but that didn't work. I have no idea what to do considering I can't even get it to boot up and run through setup before the screen goes black.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

can you remove the gpu and run settup through the igpu?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

can you remove the gpu and run settup through the igpu?

I didn't think of doing that...good news is I just tried again and it looks like it may be working now after about the 10th time of trying to get through the setup. We will see...

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Well it appears everything is working now.