Build for my sister.

tlmills82
I've always been a build it yourself guy. My sister wants a new gaming PC and will need the works: PC, Monitor, Mouse/Keyboard and Headset. She mainly plays Ark, Minecraft, Overwatch and a few other games as well as quite a bit of photo editing. She has a budget of $1200 for the entire package.
I've tried putting a few together for that price and am having issues. I stumbled across this pre built (I know...) that seems like a decent deal from Newegg.
Any thoughts on it or any advice on building one for that budget?

Budget (including currency): $1200 US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ark, Minecraft, Overwatch and others as well as Photoshop type applications.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): She will need the full build, PC, mouse/keyboard, monitor and Headset.

7 minutes ago, tlmills82 said:
I've always been a build it yourself guy. My sister wants a new gaming PC and will need the works: PC, Monitor, Mouse/Keyboard and Headset. She mainly plays Ark, Minecraft, Overwatch and a few other games as well as quite a bit of photo editing. She has a budget of $1200 for the entire package.
I've tried putting a few together for that price and am having issues. I stumbled across this pre built (I know...) that seems like a decent deal from Newegg.
Any thoughts on it or any advice on building one for that budget?

Budget (including currency): $1200 US

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Ark, Minecraft, Overwatch and others as well as Photoshop type applications.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): She will need the full build, PC, mouse/keyboard, monitor and Headset.

Unless your willing to over budget, If your sister can't get a 30 series card. Is that okay?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

that's actually quite a good deal. i've tried to get the same specs part by part and it's $850, so if you want to save yourself the hassle of building yourself, go for it.

15 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Unless your willing to over budget, If your sister can't get a 30 series card. Is that okay?

I'm pretty much set on her not getting one. For her needs a 20 series should be fine I'd guess.

1 hour ago, tlmills82 said:

You may want to toss a HDD in there since it’s only 512 GB. It also leaves a good amount of money for a nice monitor since it comes with a mouse and keyboard. You may not even need to spend $1200 which leaves some left over for future upgrades. 

1 hour ago, TheGoatGuy said:

You may want to toss a HDD in there since it’s only 512 GB. It also leaves a good amount of money for a nice monitor since it comes with a mouse and keyboard. You may not even need to spend $1200 which leaves some left over for future upgrades. 

That was my exact thought process.  I worry about the PSU in that build, but otherwise it looks pretty decent.  I've not done any research on the 10 series Intel cpus so I'm not familiar with this one, but I did look at a couple of youtube videos and it says they're pretty decent for the price.

10 minutes ago, tlmills82 said:

I worry about the PSU in that build

You can try to reach out to the company and see if they list an actual PSU manufacturer, you also could swap it out with a different one when you buy it if needed.  

31 minutes ago, TheGoatGuy said:

You can try to reach out to the company and see if they list an actual PSU manufacturer, you also could swap it out with a different one when you buy it if needed.  

Would something like this be a better deal?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($58.83 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($47.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card  ($362.94 @ Office Depot) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.18 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.18 @ Newegg) 
Total: $892.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-06 13:55 EST-0500

1 hour ago, tlmills82 said:

Would something like this be a better deal?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($159.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($58.83 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($47.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card  ($362.94 @ Office Depot) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.18 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.18 @ Newegg) 
Total: $892.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-06 13:55 EST-0500

For the HDD, I would use the Seagate Barracuda 2TB. It costs $10 more but obviously it’s double the storage which will be helpful if she’s doing photo editing and wants to store a bunch of stuff. (And has 28,000+ Amazon reviews). 

You also might want to get a Ryzen 5 3600 instead. It’s a newer (now last gen but still very good) processor for only $30 more. It would also be ideal to go for a B550 board for longer life in case of upgrades in the future.

Everything else looks to to me, however I’m not an expert so make of that what you will.