2 step authenticator on usb

Fiilur

Hi!

I want to put a 2 step authenticator on a usb so you only can access the random code from the usb and no where else. 

Is this possible?

Thanks.

I have a google authenticator code to my bitcoin wallet. But I don't want it on google, I want to put it in a usb which i can't because it's random generated. 

I just want everything bitcoin related on one usb and not on my phone which I have achieved so far it's just the 2fa thats left. 

2 minutes ago, Fiilur said:

I have a google authenticator code to my bitcoin wallet. But I don't want it on google, I want to put it in a usb which i can't because it's random generated. 

google authentactor is all on your device, so google has no control.

its just using totp, so a yubikey can give you those same codes on a hardware device.

Yes I have figured that out but I already have a usb with all my stuff on and I wonder if im required to buy a yubikey or if i can do it on my normal usb 

11 minutes ago, Fiilur said:

Yes I have figured that out but I already have a usb with all my stuff on and I wonder if im required to buy a yubikey or if i can do it on my normal usb 

If it is all on the same device, then it isn't really two factor anymore. The main point of two factor authentication is that it requires two independent factors (devices) to authenticate, so if you lose one or it gets stolen nobody can use it without having access to the second one.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

If it is all on the same device, then it isn't really two factor anymore. The main point of two factor authentication is that it requires two independent factors (devices) to authenticate, so if you lose one or it gets stolen nobody can use it without having access to the second one.

kind of like the two rings in Charlie's angel: full throttle lol

The bitcoin is on my phone and the info to get to the bitcoin is on the usb. 2 independent factors ;)

Just now, Fiilur said:

The bitcoin is on my phone and the info to get to the bitcoin is on the usb. 2 independent factors ;)

Google Authenticator is just one implementation of a time-based RFC 6238 authenticator. There are other (compatible) implementations like WinAuth that run on Windows. You could probably put that on your USB key.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

No because than I have to use a certain computer to get the keys. I want to be able to access it anywhere from any computer.

4 hours ago, Fiilur said:

No because than I have to use a certain computer to get the keys. I want to be able to access it anywhere from any computer.

Really Just get a yubikey. Much easier to use, and more secure than the other solutions, and pretty cheap too.

Since you're using it for crypto you could also consider getting a hardware wallet. Basically the same thing, just geared more towards your use case.

Yamaha's subcompany Steinberg has something like this.

More of a USB licenser.