Who just won? Zen 3 only slightly edges out Intel 10th gen on benchmarks.

1 hour ago, SavageNeo said:

8700k was probably the best buy around that time. Still oen fo the best cpus for gaming, very good oc and temps AFTER delid. Decent at workloads .

my dad bought 7600k. One of the worst buys. Like he made a music pc and did not want r 5 1600/ r 7 1700, he wanted intel because it was "better". anyway my dad moved to AMD lately.

Yea well see, its not Intel vs AMD. Its processor x vs y. 
And the 7600k did suck. Nobody would denie that. So congratz to your dad, glad he finally found something good. Because that is all what matters. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

3 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

8700k was probably the best buy around that time. Still oen fo the best cpus for gaming, very good oc and temps AFTER delid. Decent at workloads .

my dad bought 7600k. One of the worst buys. Like he made a music pc and did not want r 5 1600/ r 7 1700, he wanted intel because it was "better". anyway my dad moved to AMD lately.

People who bought the 7th gen i7 probably felt royally screwed over when Intel came out with the 8700K less than a year into its lifecycle

Poof, just like that the 7700K is essentially irrelevant less than 12 months after release, since the 8700K was a much better product for like only $20 more

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

I know the consumers worldwide did not win.  The only place pricing has really benefited is in the US.  I knew if AMD brought out some really good products they would in many spots fall in line and price their products at prices out of the reach of many consumers.  AMD ... Intel ... Who cares.  Bring on Cyrix. : P 

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2020 at 10:50 PM, DarkSmith2 said:

Nothing new, we knew that 5000series would only trade blow with comet lake in gaming since Ashes of Singularity Benchmark leaks and AMDs own announcement show, they pointed out an average of 7% higher gaming performance compared to a non overclocked 10900k with slow RAM.

If you ask me nobody won, AMD didnt, Intel didnt, and we as consumer for sure didnt win either. (especially considering price bumps) 

Its 3 Years ago already since Coffeelake got released and gaming performance still isnt climbing more than single digit % since then.

This aged like garbage. 

We actually have real numbers now, and AMD absolutely obliterated Intel.