My cpu is when idle around the 40 and 52 degrees C. If im playing a fps game it is around 60. Why is it so hot at idle?

Why is my cpu 40 to 52 degrees while having 10% load?

I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a Be Quiet Dark Roch Slim. 

I also have 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans.

Airflow in my case is good.

Not overclocked.

Well im not really expert at this but it can be with Backround Apps or It can be a Virus im not very sure im not good at this

2 minutes ago, FwerTalki said:

Well im not really expert at this but it can be with Backround Apps or It can be a Virus im not very sure im not good at this

At task manager there isn't any intensive cpu applications other that the normal ones like chrome.

have you messed around with Ryzen Master software at all? it is possible the voltage isn't lowering while idle and your core clock isn't reducing so your CPU is locked in the higher clock/power state even when it doesn't have to be. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

5 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

have you messed around with Ryzen Master software at all? it is possible the voltage isn't lowering while idle and your core clock isn't reducing so your CPU is locked in the higher clock/power state even when it doesn't have to be. 

No, I don't have the Ryzen Master software 

It's normal, actually. Browser can actually take some CPU resources that even it heats a bit.

I browse on Vivaldi, with kind of a lot of tabs, and it's usually runs at 50-60 degrees, on a laptop CPU.

Brother's got a 1500X, tried the same case, kind of as close as yours.

And don't bother about CPU temps as long as it's not overheating to which it's thermal-throttling on heavy use, or when your paste's bad and the temps kind of get higher.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

those idle CPU temps are completely fine for ryzen, and ryzen idle cpu temps  fluctuate alot, and it shouldnt worry or bother you cuz thats how ryzen CPU works.

11 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

this will give you more info on what your CPU is doing than task manager and allow you to change setting for things like voltage and boost so you will know why the cpu is running hot. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.9c7be4f0a0c84a39f0f85760f6699191.JPG

This is kinda weird, the Ryzen Master software that I just downloaded says that I run at around 37 degrees, while NZXT Cam and CPUID HW monitor are saying that I run at around 47 degrees. My bios says that my temps of my cpu 32 degrees is, but I thought that is probably because no programs are running.

My voltage of my cpu is around 1.35 volt.

1 minute ago, Chaba422 said:

those idle CPU temps are completely fine for ryzen, and ryzen idle cpu temps  fluctuate alot, and it shouldnt worry or bother you cuz thats how ryzen CPU works.

Actually, it's how every processor works.

2 minutes ago, Victorvis said:

This is kinda weird, the Ryzen Master software that I just downloaded says that I run at around 37 degrees, while NZXT Cam and CPUID HW monitor are saying that I run at around 47 degrees. My bios says that my temps of my cpu 32 degrees is, but I thought that is probably because no programs are running.

I'd trust more on CPUID HW Monitor/HWMonitor. And Ryzen Master wasn't that useful (tried it) as you can control things on UEFI anyway.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

10 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

I'd trust more on CPUID HW Monitor/HWMonitor. And Ryzen Master wasn't that useful (tried it) as you can control things on UEFI anyway.

So it's just fine that my cpu is running 47 at idle? It does bother me a bit that my fans are always busy adjusting my fan speed because they are going faster (making suddenly more noise) when my cpu goes above 50 and then going slower again a couple seconds later. It does that 10 times a minute.

What can I do against that?

It's perfectly normal.  3600 behaves like that.  Idles mean nothing.  

Source: I have a 3600x which fluctuates between mid 30s and mid 40s

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

6 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

you are slightly wrong, intel CPUs do not fluctuate at idle, unless you have background tasks running, but ryzen will fluctuate 10c easly with nothing running in background, i know cuz i had both intel and ryzen

2 minutes ago, miagisan said:

It's perfectly normal.  3600 behaves like that.  Idles mean nothing.  

Source: I have a 3600x which fluctuates between mid 30s and mid 40s

Thanks

1 minute ago, Victorvis said:

So it's just fine that my cpu is running 47 at idle? It does bother me a bit that my fans are always busy adjusting my fan speed because they are going faster (making suddenly more noise) when my cpu goes above 50 and then going slower again a couple seconds later. It does that 10 times a minute.

you can buy pretty cheap CPU coolers that will reduce temp alot going from stock amd cooler, any 4 heatpipe cooler will do, something like hyper 212 turbo led, but be careful when removing stock amd cooler especialy if u used stock thermal paste, its sticky af, before you pull stock cooler first twist it to left and right before pulling cpu cooler up, or your CPU might stay stickied to cooler and u might break CPU pins, whic happened to me with my 2700x

Just now, Chaba422 said:

you can buy pretty cheap CPU coolers that will reduce temp alot going from stock amd cooler, any 4 heatpipe cooler will do, something like hyper 212 turbo led, but be careful when removing stock amd cooler especialy if u used stock thermal paste, its sticky af, before you pull stock cooler first twist it to left and right before pulling cpu cooler up, or your CPU might stay stickied to cooler and u might break CPU pins, whic happened to me with my 2700x

I already have the Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim. 

I already have the Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim. 

that cooler is pretty solid, if fan ramping up and down bothers you, you can go into bios and either set to silent mode or modify curve yourself

4 minutes ago, Chaba422 said:

you are slightly wrong, intel CPUs do not fluctuate at idle, unless you have background tasks running, but ryzen will fluctuate 10c easly with nothing running in background, i know cuz i had both intel and ryzen

I dunno why, but I have both Intel and AMD either and it's kind of different case than yours. If it's idling it would just sit there and stable on one temp.

Or probably I'd have to do more research onto this deeper. Good info, actually.

4 minutes ago, Chaba422 said:

its sticky af,

Agree. I have to pull so hard just to remove the stock cooler that scared the shit outta of me that might damage the CPU.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

3 minutes ago, Chaba422 said:

that cooler is pretty solid, if fan ramping up and down bothers you, you can go into bios and either set to silent mode or modify curve yourself

It is not the cpu cooler that bothers me, it is the 3 intake fans that are ramping up and down. Is it okay if I'm setting them to 700 rpm and it wil ramp up at 58 degrees?

11 minutes ago, Victorvis said:

What can I do against that?

It's fine, that's how a CPU fan supposedly works at all times. You don't want it to run full-speed all the time and making those annoying buzz.

You can control the percentage of your CPU fan speed on the UEFI if that's kind of bothering you.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

It is not the cpu cooler that bothers me, it is the 3 intake fans that are ramping up and down. Is it okay if I'm setting them to 700 rpm and it wil ramp up at 58 degrees?

most case fans run at 800 rpm max, so i think 700rpm is more then fine

As long as it doesn't touch 80 degree or upward it easily.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

Audio

1 minute ago, Chaba422 said:

most case fans run at 800 rpm max, so i think 700rpm is more then fine

Okay thanks. My stock fans (corsair sp120) can go at 2300 RPM tho......

3 minutes ago, dhannemon13 said:

As long as it doesn't touch 80 degree or upward it easily.

thanks, I'll try it

1 hour ago, Victorvis said:

My voltage of my cpu is around 1.35 volt.

I would trust Ryzen Master and your bios over other software, usually CPUID is pretty close but might not be reading the sensor output properly, NZXT Cam is junk bloatware so I doubt they would be putting the cash into updating it for every new CPU that comes out and just run a version of CPUID behind the interface. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it