Custom flash drives

Ankh Tech

So I was making my own website and wanted a logo, so I used tailor brands. And then I realised they can sell you products with your custom logo on it from zazzle, and they are really overpriced, like 1 usb 2.0 8gb stick is 20 dollars, and 1 usb 3.0 128gb stick is 110 dollars. So is there a way to any usb stick with no logo and print mine on it and how to do that? I want to put my profile picture and I have an Inverse version

Printing on plastic shouldn't be expensive if you order a lot, and I mean 500+.

A custom plastic mold on the other hand, now those are expensive and out of reach of the average person.

You can probably buy USB sticks in bulk from sites like Ali express or maybe even eBay, no idea about having custom prints on them though.

But then again, I could be completely wrong and there could be cheaper ways.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

5 minutes ago, GoldSrc said:

Printing on plastic shouldn't be expensive if you order a lot, and I mean 500+.

A custom plastic mold on the other hand, now those are expensive and out of reach of the average person.

You can probably buy USB sticks in bulk from sites like Ali express or maybe even eBay, no idea about having custom prints on them though.

But then again, I could be completely wrong and there could be cheaper ways.

They are not custom molds, it is the same stick for everyone but they print the logo

1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

They are not custom molds, it is the same stick for everyone but they print the logo

Then you should be able to find someone who prints on plastic on Ali express, that should be something pretty simple and cheap for them, they have pretty much anything there lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

2 minutes ago, GoldSrc said:

Then you should be able to find someone who prints on plastic on Ali express, that should be something pretty simple and cheap for them, they have pretty much anything there lol.

for some reason their blank drives are all just 5 dollars cheaper, so basically I think it would be cheaper if I just buy it from them. Because maybe some usb sticks aren't made for printing on?? I don't know. here are some pics:

:view?realview=113568167018218411&design=0d4c639f-88cd-45b9-9776-1267af5692af&rlvnet=1&clipcolor=white&bodycolor=black&speed=usb2&max_dim=220&ah=0&cacheDefeat=1604379641481

view?realview=113417697346484941&design=0d4c639f-88cd-45b9-9776-1267af5692af&rlvnet=1&clipcolor=white&bodycolor=black&speed=usb2&max_dim=220&ah=0&cacheDefeat=1604379641481

3 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

for some reason their blank drives are all just 5 dollars cheaper, so basically I think it would be cheaper if I just buy it from them. Because maybe some usb sticks aren't made for printing on?? I don't know. here are some pics:

:view?realview=113568167018218411&design=0d4c639f-88cd-45b9-9776-1267af5692af&rlvnet=1&clipcolor=white&bodycolor=black&speed=usb2&max_dim=220&ah=0&cacheDefeat=1604379641481

view?realview=113417697346484941&design=0d4c639f-88cd-45b9-9776-1267af5692af&rlvnet=1&clipcolor=white&bodycolor=black&speed=usb2&max_dim=220&ah=0&cacheDefeat=1604379641481

they honestly seem high quality

Just now, JoJoDoo said:

Interesting to listen to

5 hours ago, Ankh tech tips said:

they honestly seem high quality

Turns out zazzle is a provider buying it from pexagon itself is 50 dollars cheaper on the 128gb 3.0 one

A DTG printer would be perfect for the job, a T-short printing company will have one and might let you use it

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

16 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

No, thats a 3D printer. A DTG printer is like an inkjet and costs around 30k for an extry level one. Below is a picture (this is a brother one, not cheap, but the T-short shop might print it for you for a relatively low cost)

Brother launches new GTXpro Bulk DTG printer | Images magazine

2 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

No, thats a 3D printer. A DTG printer is like an inkjet and costs around 30k for an extry level one. Below is a picture (this is a brother one, not cheap, but the T-short shop might print it for you for a relatively low cost)

Brother launches new GTXpro Bulk DTG printer | Images magazine

that is the gtx pro bulk?? What is the price

Just now, Ankh tech tips said:

that is the gtx pro bulk?? What is the price

That's a DTG printer, as I said probably way out of your budget (minimum £30,000), but a printing shop might print on the USB's for you at a lower price

nvm 22,500!! are there cheaper (cough cough) options

1 minute ago, Ankh tech tips said:

nvm 22,500!! are there cheaper (cough cough) options

Yes, there are, but the cheaper you go the more quality you loose

People even try to make their own printers from old epsons but the quality ain't too good and it takes a lot of time and experience

You can also get a vinyl cutter and stick that on it, those are a lot cheaper (around £300 for a decent one)

4 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Yes, there are, but the cheaper you go the more quality you loose

People even try to make their own printers from old epsons but the quality ain't too good and it takes a lot of time and experience

What if I get a large inkjet printer and use that would it work?

What if I get a large inkjet printer and use that would it work?

I would suggest not to do that, there are a lot of steps and if it messes up, you will break your printer. VInyl cutter is a good option and is easy to use, I have used one before many times, and the vinyl is dirt cheap too (like £15 a roll on ebay)

You can also get a vinyl cutter and stick that on it, those are a lot cheaper (around £300 for a decent one)

So basically like a custom vinyl wrap but I stick it on drives?

So basically like a custom vinyl wrap but I stick it on drives?

Yes, basically

There is a bit of manual work involved, I would advise watching the video to give you a clear understanding. You get normal vinyl and you can also get special vinyl that works on T-shirts

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

Yes, basically

There is a bit of manual work involved, I would advise watching the video to give you a clear understanding. You get normal vinyl and you can also get special vinyl that works on T-shirts

But how long can it last,  and I think there is transparent vinyl right

But how long can it last,  and I think there is transparent vinyl right

You get vinyl in lot's of colours, and types, e.g. glossy and matt and heat pressable ones that you can put in a T-shirt press. If you put the film over it as done in the end of the video, it last a longer time. 

If it was on a metal USB with protective film, I would say around 6 months if carried in your pocket on a day to day basis. 

Basically it lasts until it starts to peel off, life if a key scratches the edge and lifts the vinyl up. It would greatly depend on the handling of the USB, if used every few weeks and it is safely stored away from sharp objects, it will last years, but if someone picks on the sticker or leaves it with sharp objects, it would not last as long

You get vinyl in lot's of colours, and types, e.g. glossy and matt and heat pressable ones that you can put in a T-shirt press. If you put the film over it as done in the end of the video, it last a longer time. 

If it was on a metal USB with protective film, I would say around 6 months if carried in your pocket on a day to day basis. 

Basically it lasts until it starts to peel off, life if a key scratches the edge and lifts the vinyl up. It would greatly depend on the handling of the USB, if used every few weeks and it is safely stored away from sharp objects, it will last years, but if someone picks on the sticker or leaves it with sharp objects, it would not last as long

what about laser printing, I think that will last longer

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

29 minutes ago, RTX 3090 said:

Yes But I want to sell them with my logo on them, so I want them long lasting for the Customers