Building 2 Budget Gaming PCs for Christmas Gifts, Advice or Help Appreciated

Budget (including currency): $750x2 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (CSGO, Apex Legends, Minecraft, Rust, basically any games)

Other details: This year my mother and I were blessed with some extra money and Christmas we decided to give back. We decided to help out 2 of my close gaming buddies that I met online by giving them a little bit of an upgrade to their gaming PCs. We're trying to decide the best way to go at this. The original idea was to buy a prebuilt gaming PC from iBuyPower or Best Buy or something, but I know we could save money buying parts and building the PCs myself. I personally have never built a PC before but I believe I could build one with a little bit of research. Our budget is around $1500 for both PC's combined, preferably a little less though because we have to ship them. I'm posting this to ask for people who know more about what to buy and where to buy them from for a bit of help figuring out how to get the best bang for our buck. Any advice or help appreciated. Feel free to ask questions if you need more info!