General questions regarding Soundbar connection

AMDGrill

I've recently ordered a Grundig GS910 Black Soundbar to be used with a new system I'll be getting on Black Friday discounts.

I have a few questions regarding the connectivity.

Altough I've ordered an Optical Audio Cable to connect it to the motherboard that I'll be getting. I can't help but wonder if is there a way to repurpose one of the jacks provided by the motherboard, should if anything goes wrong. 

Now, I'll be connecting my headset directly to the motherboard so the green & pink will be out of the picture. I have never ever even once used Black, Blue or Orange ever, so I'm wondering if can I connect the soundbar via Aux to any one of these jacks?

I'm asking this in particular because I don't want to get a jack splitter that affects general connectivity. 

image.png.92aefe3afe1108b815cf67025cedbc05.png

I hope I got my point across. Thank you!

Not really. As labeled, the orange is the center channel and the black one is for rear/surround speakers. Blue is for audio input.

4 hours ago, AMDGrill said:

should if anything goes wrong

What are you expecting to go wrong? Optical is just like any other  cable. Plug both ends in and you're good to go.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

The rig I'll be getting has a Motherboard with an Optical port. But because I'll have to wait for Black Friday sales to get my rig going, I kinda expect for supplies to run out, so in a corner of my mind the MB I plan to go with will be sold out. So I'm looking for alternatives if I have to go with a MB that doesn't have an optical output