I built a new pc and it keeps crashing Help please.

IsThatMaj

Hey guy's I built my PC around 2 weeks ago, and about a few days later I noticed quite frequently it would crash.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Lv3fsk

These are the parts that I got in my pc.

I have re-installed windows 3 times and I still get the same crash,

I have made sure I have all updates done, all my drivers are up to date.

I have checked eventvwr and reliability monitor I am unable to find anything to help explain why it's crashing (unless i'm missing something)

The only idea I have is that my RAM is not "ryzen compatible" 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

(CMW32GX4M4C3200C16) My one

My crashes are not BSOD I am just unable to access or open anything my mouse still moves, sometimes i can open up task manager but unable to end any processes or do anything really.

Can someone assist me into troubleshooting or finding out why it's crashing?

Also I don't have the 3080 yet, i'm 373 in the queue and currently using a 1050 ti 😃

Thank you very much

20 minutes ago, IsThatMaj said:

Hey guy's I built my PC around 2 weeks ago, and about a few days later I noticed quite frequently it would crash.

I have checked eventvwr and reliability monitor I am unable to find anything to help explain why it's crashing (unless i'm missing something)

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030465392-AMD-RYZEN-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

My crashes are not BSOD I am just unable to access or open anything my mouse still moves, sometimes i can open up task manager but unable to end any processes or do anything really.

Also I don't have the 3080 yet, i'm 373 in the queue and currently using a 1050 ti 😃

Thank you very much

so i am not a pro in this so i will just give u something to try that MIGHT work. but i am not sure
my pc had some crashes in the start as well and that was because of faulty ram. try removing 1 of your sticks and checking induvidually if a stick is faulty or not

3 minutes ago, irrelevante knaap said:

so i am not a pro in this so i will just give u something to try that MIGHT work. but i am not sure
my pc had some crashes in the start as well and that was because of faulty ram. try removing 1 of your sticks and checking induvidually if a stick is faulty or not

I can give this a try

Just now, IsThatMaj said:

I can give this a try

and if it don't work try to look up on your phone videos of people having the EXACT same problems as you. you might find out whats wrong.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you enabled DOCP for RAM or have done any overclocking? I'd suggest removing any overclocks and try again at stock settings. Also, have you cleared CMOS? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you enabled DOCP for RAM or have done any overclocking? I'd suggest removing any overclocks and try again at stock settings. Also, have you cleared CMOS? 

I have left everything at stock, I haven't enabled anything no overclocks nothing like that. All I have done is install some applications and games.

I have not cleared my CMOS

Thank you for the welcome :)

33 minutes ago, IsThatMaj said:

I have left everything at stock, I haven't enabled anything no overclocks nothing like that. All I have done is install some applications and games.

I have not cleared my CMOS

Thank you for the welcome :)

Thats good that nothing is OCed right now and report back after clearing CMOS which can help clear up any issues with RAM in BIOS. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

try 

1 hour ago, IsThatMaj said:

Thank you very much

try resetting the bios, and you sure that you haven't cut any cable of the psu to like install some other cheep fan (which doesn't have a connector ), if the cathode and the anode gets together while the pc is on, it causes sudden shutdown too! and you sure that you have installed all your ram modules and every other things correctly and tightly??

hey! i know to use a computer

One way you could check the memory is with something like memtest86, it checks your ram for errors, if it returns errors rma the sticks. I would also check your motherboard manual to make sure you have your ram in the preferred slots, while in theory it should not matter what slots you put them into I have had boards in the past that would not post at all when I had memory in the non preferred slots

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

1 hour ago, hirusha.adikari said:

try 

try resetting the bios, and you sure that you haven't cut any cable of the psu to like install some other cheep fan (which doesn't have a connector ), if the cathode and the anode gets together while the pc is on, it causes sudden shutdown too! and you sure that you have installed all your ram modules and every other things correctly and tightly??

Yeah im sure as it's not suddenly losing power or turning off, i will be able to move my mouse but i won't be able to access any application.

Sometimes i'm able to access eventvwr, it only shut's down once i hold down the power button.

I will reset my bios after i try a mem test