Do AMD graphics look better?

1 minute ago, papajo said:

Ok just say that you are a fanboy and lets be over that.. lol I was 100% sure you would talk about this part only (ignoring the rest of the video) because shiny looks better... for a couple of seconds I thought the same but that is just lesser render quality because it doesnt use transparency and instead reflects everything (essentially making most of the pixels white) 

and to make you better understand why that is worse if you dared to see further you would have found this 

BTnodYG.png

Were you can see that "shiny is not good" and it is the same reason why the car shines like that (reminding me of GTA vice city or earlier itterations ) 

TD6Sf.jpg

Or you would have seen this where again the same lesser effect is applied 

vhwTf2S.png

Or this where there is no reason for the car to shine at all yet the GTA vice city effects still kick in.. :P 

QcpKrvt.png

And obviously you ignored all the other differences shown in the video and focused on the first frame where the car was shinier hence "better" 

So that tells me a lot about your ability to distinguish differences in graphics and hence your opinion about them... 

AMD is running on low or medium and that's why there is no water bro XD

look it looks horrible...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, MadPistol said:

The only way to truly prove this is from a 3rd party capture card. If these items are captured from the built-in encoders on each GPU, the comparison is immediately flawed as the encoders on each card are different.

There are 4 different channels with hundreds of K of subscribers and not one of them uses a capture card?  Also what about all the other testimonies just google or check the ones I mentioned in this tab. 

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

AMD is running on low or medium and that's why there is no water bro XD

look it looks horrible...

There is water its just transparent like it should be because water is transparent not a liquid metal lol anyway I wont continue this you are obviously just a fanboy (no problem with that you can love what ever company you like it just doesnt make sense for me to argue with one) 

There are 4 different channels with hundreds of K of subscribers and not one of them uses a capture card?  Also what about all the other testimonies just google or check the ones I mentioned in this tab. 

Im DONE man you killed me...your AMD screeshots lol ALL the reflections are OFF WTF...HAHAHAHA

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Im DONE man you killed me...your AMD screeshots lol ALL the reflections are OFF WTF...HAHAHAHA

You are just blind (btw look at the video the screenshots are harder to see because they are not fluid motion) 

BTnodYG.png

You dont see reflections here? 

3 minutes ago, papajo said:

BTnodYG.png

image.png.5bf0e0e425c0b8c73139f6ebd2b24ff3.png

🤣

image.png.812bfc01c85044e50b277113a7f5f5fe.png

🤣

this link doesnt work 

this link doesnt work 

image.png.14109bcca6f42504107cb023e313e98d.png

Sorry, youre too quick, i edit a lot.

5 minutes ago, papajo said:

You are just blind (btw look at the video the screenshots are harder to see because they are not fluid motion) 

BTnodYG.png

AMD happened during an earthquake? Waves in a dead fountain? Where's the fairy?

8 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

image.png.14109bcca6f42504107cb023e313e98d.png

Sorry

Oh come on you really still believe that your fanboy cap is conceiled besides you trying to delete my text which exactly explains why you dont see shiny GTA vice city reflections like this one 

TD6Sf.jpg

I SEE reflections in the video WHEN they should be reflections (when cars are under the streetlight) and at the density they should be

DO YOU SEE ANY REFLECTIONS FROM THE BLACK CAR HERE? 

sunset-twilight-taipei-city-traffic-stre

The reflections on the back side of the black car in the middle dont count because they are caused from the car beams from the cars very close to its rear... 

17 minutes ago, papajo said:

BTnodYG.png

I just went to that exact spot in GTA V on my RTX 3080, and if the weather is clear, it's a blue sky reflecting off that fountain.

Hate to say it, bud, but Nvidia is correct on this one. I'm not sure what is going on with the AMD screenshot.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

3 minutes ago, papajo said:

DO YOU SEE ANY REFLECTIONS FROM THE BLACK CAR HERE? 

Here is a picture of my car taken just before dusk...see the reflections....?

Yes the picture could've been taken an hour later to match the GTA scene but the orange sky and clouds would not DISAPEAR?! right?!

image.png.b307a4324245e6d0db907380b5250a5c.png

I'm pretty sure i'm familiar with how reflections work on a black vehicle in real life being that i drove black cars for half my life and i'm 38...prove me wrong now :)

Here is a picture of my car taken just before dusk...see the reflections....?

Yes the pictures could've been taken an hour later to match the GTA scene but the orange sky and clouds would not DISAPEAR?! right?!

image.png.b307a4324245e6d0db907380b5250a5c.png

I'm pretty sure i'm familiar with how reflections work on a black vehicle in real life being that i drove black cars for half my life and i'm 38...prove me wrong now :)

That's broad daylight... anyway I wont respond any more to you because you just dont want to understand 

Just now, papajo said:

That's broad daylight... anyway I wont respond any more to you because you just dont want to understand 

Your points make no sense. You're really trying, and I applaud you, but there are too many factors to consider to just say "AMD > Nvidia". It's just not true. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air

Just now, papajo said:

you're making stuff up...just go look at your black truck in your screenshot it's rediculous it looks out of place like they did back in PS3 days because the reflections are turned off.

Of course the orange sky will reflect on the car, like on the nividia side.

Just now, MadPistol said:

Your points make no sense

Humm I am comparing sunset real life picture with sunset GTA footage...

he compares sunset footage with broad daylight real life footage 

And I dont make any sense? You know that how things look depends on the lighting conditions? right? 

Humm I am comparing sunset real life picture with sunset GTA footage...

he compares sunset footage with broad daylight real life footage 

And I dont make any sense? You know that how things look depends on the lighting conditions? right? 

I do. I went and checked that screenshot that you sent about the GTA V fountain, and Nvidia got it right. The AMD screenshot was wrong. I literally looked around it for 5 minutes to verify this.

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you're making stuff up

You are the one that shows a car shining at a sunny day with the sun directly shining on it to excuse on how a truck should look at a sunset with only streetlamps and I show you that black cars in real life look black at  such conditions  and I make stuff up??

(also you purposefully ignore the other cars behind that truck in the video that are lighter color and hence shine a little more WHEN under the street lamps if reflections where off (besides the dozens of other points in the video that you ignore both the ones I screenshoted and the other ones i didnt) these cars wouldnt shine ) 

4 minutes ago, MadPistol said:

I do. I went and checked that screenshot that you sent about the GTA V fountain, and Nvidia got it right

BTnodYG.png

fountain-at-sunset.jpg

TD6Sf.jpg

UlD.gif

Let me guess you are as well a neutral person that tries to bring sense to an AMD fanboy ? right? 

5 minutes ago, papajo said:

You are the one that shows a car shining at a sunny day with the sun directly shining on it to excuse on how a truck should look at a sunset with only streetlamps and I show you that black cars in real life look black at  such conditions  and I make stuff up??

(also you purposefully ignore the other cars behind that truck in the video that are lighter color and hence shine a little more WHEN under the street lamps if reflections where off (besides the dozens of other points in the video that you ignore both the ones I screenshoted and the other ones i didnt) these cars wouldnt shine ) 

ok i'm sorry you're right i'll go enjoy my games instead if you don't mind...you're clearly too far gone into this for me :)

Have fun!

24 minutes ago, papajo said:

BTnodYG.png

fountain-at-sunset.jpg

TD6Sf.jpg

UlD.gif

Let me guess you are as well a neutral person that tries to bring sense to an AMD fanboy ? right? 

I'm getting tired of this.
image.thumb.png.3d9d0bc9b876fa1e1dc1b074574a1fe0.png

image.thumb.png.d850e03dbd6ebe804da57806f5511861.png

You see that right part of the fountain pool? It's reflecting off the edge of the pool. You see that thing above it? That's called the sky.

I will say it again... NVIDIA GOT IT RIGHT!!! The screenshot does not do it justice. In motion, it looks incredibly natural.

11 minutes ago, MadPistol said:

I'm getting tired of this.
image.thumb.png.3d9d0bc9b876fa1e1dc1b074574a1fe0.png

image.thumb.png.d850e03dbd6ebe804da57806f5511861.png

You see that right part of the fountain pool? It's reflecting off the edge of the pool. You see that thing above it? That's called the sky.

I will say it again... NVIDIA GOT IT RIGHT!!! The screenshot does not do it justice. In motion, it looks incredibly natural.

Watch the video not a resized screenshot...

Besides the sky there is something called waves... and water if you splash some water on to it (you know the fountain sprinkler water falls on the fountain and causes waves)  it shouldnt look like a white disk... only the part of the waves that reflect the sky should look shinier the rest of it should not but I am wasting time I am afraid that's like basic facts of life I also gave you a real life picture which I shouldnt because you should know how water looks its doesnt need higher education or expertise to know that you just pretend to dont know.. yet besides seeing it with your own eyes you still believe a white disk is more realistic... 

Besides you being wrong about "doing it right" and insisting on it lol it also proves that nvidia uses simpler rendering techniques for thins in the far distance .

And what about the water streams on the street? or the rest of the video? 

vhwTf2S.png

What about this part for example? (2:15) did nvidia also get it right ? 

Here is an even older tech yes city video on doom  

Also the Russians are noticing that there is a difference although unfortunately (or fortunately as it seems in the last comments) they mention the setup and the GPUs used R9 290 GTX 780 but when comparing the results of the games they dont reveal which one did what they only use card No1 as a reference for the left screenshot and card No2 as a reference for the right screenshot although by using some fact (like color ) you may be able to guess which number relates to which card but I guess we never be sure... unless google translate misses something and a native speaker could help? :P  

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Foverclockers.ru%2Flab%2Fshow%2F59823_2%2Fsravnenie-kachestva-grafiki-v-igrah-na-videokartah-amd-i-nvidia&anno=2&sandbox=1

https://overclockers.ru/lab/show/59823_3/sravnenie-kachestva-grafiki-v-igrah-na-videokartah-amd-i-nvidia

EDIT I didnt notice the card involved in the tech yes city video in this particular post is the GTX 970 which had the partially "fake" vram issue so it doesnt apply to this topic (in a general sense it applies since it is a decision made by nvidia that affects rendering quality but I try to keep it more focused on rendering techniques and display output not hardware deficiencies of a particular model)