Overclocking on Ryzen 5 3600

Hi guys. i built a pc a few months back and i wanted to try out overclocking.

Ryzen 5 3600

B450M DS3H

RTX 2070 Super FE

Cooler Master Hyper 212

Samsung 870 m.2 ssd 500gb

SeaSonic 750Watt 80+ Gold Fully modular

So the Ryzen 5 3600 is base at 3.6.
i OC it to 4.2GHz with voltage and everything set auto.

My temperature was surprisingly better, with 4.2Ghz my temp with cinebench R20 running only capped at 57 degree but with base settings capped at 70degree

I have read alot of post about overclocking on b450m ds3h is rlly bad as the vram temperature might be high. but i observe no difference.

Can i get some advice on this? I'm not sure whether to go back to my base settings or just keep it at 4.2.

zczcz.jpg

My memory is ryzen2 got better at OC over time.  It sounds like you got a good one. Thinking about how it might have gotten better with an OC,  The auto OC may have reduced voltage from stock which many consider to be way too high out of the box. If it really is totally stable and the temps are within your liking I see no reason to reduce it myself.  If you want to measure VRM temp but there’s no sensor there one of those hand held laser meters might be possible I suppose.  They’re often rentable at tool rental companies if you don’t want to buy one.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and I run it at 4.3GHz at 1.3V (Ryzen Master) . I've only stress tested with Cinebench and game benchmarks like Borderlands 3, but it's never crashed on me at these settings and I did it on an MSI B350 PC Mate which was my previous motherboard and now on an Asus Tuf Gaming X570. 

7 minutes ago, wxlry said:

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and I run it at 4.3GHz at 1.3V (Ryzen Master) . I've only stress tested with Cinebench and game benchmarks like Borderlands 3, but it's never crashed on me at these settings and I did it on an MSI B350 PC Mate which was my previous motherboard and now on an Asus Tuf Gaming X570. 

I did much more severe stress tests on my machine when I overclocked it.  A couple hours of prime95 was in the list I think. It passed that at 4.5ghz.  In actual gameplay though over a couple months to get actual fo realz stability I wound up eventually reducing to 4.0

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.