MSI GL65 LEOPARD 10SEK BATTERY DRAIN WHILE CHARGING.

So I recently bought a new MSI GL65 LEOPARD 10SEK. Only been 4 days. And in this period, I have come to notice that during my gaming sessions, the laptop tends to lose its charge even though it is plugged inside. It is a 230 watt power brick. Given that the rtx 2060 is boosted, is it alright for this to happen? Or is something wrong?

Where did you buy it from?

Could be a faulty battery, faulty charger so I hope you used a geniune charger. Louis Rossmann knows a lot, check his yt channel out. He mentions in one of his million videos that you should use genuine charger or else breakage happens.

2 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Where did you buy it from?

Could be a faulty battery, faulty charger so I hope you used a geniune charger. Louis Rossmann knows a lot, check his yt channel out. He mentions in one of his million videos that you should use genuine charger or else breakage happens.

The charger is only specific for this laptop as they tend to use a AC power adapter, not some USB Type C. Do you have reliable power in your house? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

The charger is only specific for this laptop as they tend to use a AC power adapter, not some USB Type C. Do you have reliable power in your house? 

I would assume every house in North America has reliable power save an outtage but outtages seem common place in certain areas. We havent had power issues here, except every 5 years there is a bump in the grid probably due to lightning where the lights would flicker and reset computer and clocks, but never a real outtage.

5 hours ago, vacom13 said:

So I recently bought a new MSI GL65 LEOPARD 10SEK. Only been 4 days. And in this period, I have come to notice that during my gaming sessions, the laptop tends to lose its charge even though it is plugged inside. It is a 230 watt power brick. Given that the rtx 2060 is boosted, is it alright for this to happen? Or is something wrong?

It simply sounds like the power consumption at high load is higher than the adapter can handle, despite what it's rated for. This might be difficult to escape without limiting the GPU itself.