Low FPS with RTX 3080 on LOL

DHV0

Sorry for posting in such an old thread. I recently bought a brand new gaming laptop (i7-10870h, RTX 3060, 16GB RAM,1 TB SSD). Supposedly, I should be hitting 300+ FPS but I am barely hitting 120 FPS. The last 20 days I've been talking to RIOT support and trying everything I could find on the internet in order to increase my FPS but nothing helped. Did anyone ever found a solution to this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

I found the solution! Just go to AMD radeon software => Settings =>System, then you perform a FACTORY RESET after that, for me worked very well after doing that :) Hope this helped u! gl

• 9 months later...

will say for all the travelers - LoL can utilize only 2 cores, or 1 even, i guess it's up to 4 threads total though i am not sure since i no longer play it, hence you can start the game with 600-700 fps but once minions spawn your fps will drop, a lot, to the point that it can easily go sub 200, because like 40 walking minions do eat your cpu, guys with i7 77xx and r5 3600 or r7 3700/ 10th intel gen laptop, w/e , obviously you guys will be below 200 fps, people which play LoL - buy higher single core performance CPU , e.g. 12900K, then you will get higher fps, you don't need graphics card for that game, in other words 12900K + gtx 770 is stronger than I7 7700k rtx 3090 in league, thread solved.

will add also that league's engine was changed a couple of times, one of the very old engines was capable of either utilizing multiple cores or was not as heavy, hence fps was able to be at consistent 300~500, even on old cpus like an Athlon, this is impossible now with current engine. 

// will also add that a reduction of graphical settings or reduction of ingame resolution from e.g. 2160p/1440p to 1080p/720p will also give you a slight fps boost, for example you can get about 2 more fps by going from 1440p to 1080p if you are in 140ish fps range, and about 5 more fps by going from 1440p maxed settings to 1080p lowest, this slight improvement happens because CPU have to work a tiny bit less due to worse resolution, lower graphics and especially lower the amount of ingame effects, yes, you can gain a few frames by changing ultra quality high res to lowest quality low res in any game if you are CPU bottlenecked and not gpu, though many people don't know that, since main purpose of changing ultras to low is for gpu, but in league of legends where you are fine with probably even gtx 480 at 1080p at least for reaching 200fps(yeah just confirmed on yt, gtx 480 easily getting 200fps at max 1080p and is not even loaded fully, so you can even reach 200 with gts 450) - in short it's all about your cpu, hence if you will switch from 1440p max settings to 1080p lowest settings you can gain 5 fps, not a big gain but it's something at least

k bye.

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2020 at 11:38 PM, LegoBatmanRules said:

Lucky you, I am still waiting for my 5900X.

Greetings

did this help?

On 5/5/2022 at 10:24 PM, YaroslavZvyagin said:

will say for all the travelers - LoL can utilize only 2 cores, or 1 even, i guess it's up to 4 threads total though i am not sure since i no longer play it, hence you can start the game with 600-700 fps but once minions spawn your fps will drop, a lot, to the point that it can easily go sub 200, because like 40 walking minions do eat your cpu, guys with i7 77xx and r5 3600 or r7 3700/ 10th intel gen laptop, w/e , obviously you guys will be below 200 fps, people which play LoL - buy higher single core performance CPU , e.g. 12900K, then you will get higher fps, you don't need graphics card for that game, in other words 12900K + gtx 770 is stronger than I7 7700k rtx 3090 in league, thread solved.

will add also that league's engine was changed a couple of times, one of the very old engines was capable of either utilizing multiple cores or was not as heavy, hence fps was able to be at consistent 300~500, even on old cpus like an Athlon, this is impossible now with current engine. 

// will also add that a reduction of graphical settings or reduction of ingame resolution from e.g. 2160p/1440p to 1080p/720p will also give you a slight fps boost, for example you can get about 2 more fps by going from 1440p to 1080p if you are in 140ish fps range, and about 5 more fps by going from 1440p maxed settings to 1080p lowest, this slight improvement happens because CPU have to work a tiny bit less due to worse resolution, lower graphics and especially lower the amount of ingame effects, yes, you can gain a few frames by changing ultra quality high res to lowest quality low res in any game if you are CPU bottlenecked and not gpu, though many people don't know that, since main purpose of changing ultras to low is for gpu, but in league of legends where you are fine with probably even gtx 480 at 1080p at least for reaching 200fps(yeah just confirmed on yt, gtx 480 easily getting 200fps at max 1080p and is not even loaded fully, so you can even reach 200 with gts 450) - in short it's all about your cpu, hence if you will switch from 1440p max settings to 1080p lowest settings you can gain 5 fps, not a big gain but it's something at least

k bye.

i have a pretty good cpu and im still experiencing bad fps