GTX 1080 Ti EVGA SC2 died

Simon771

Today while casual gaming, my PC crashed and I got blue screen (picture below). I was able to take picture with my phone, so I could later investigate why it came to this problem and how to prevent it in the future.

But sadly I never got any video output single again from this GPU. I tried to change PCI slot, tried to change power cables, removing RAM sticks etc. Nothing seemed to work. Later I found some old Quadro GPU in basement, and tried with that. It works without a problem, so it must be problem with GTX 1080 Ti card, and not other components or software. Once I got to Windows with old Quadro card, I used DDU and hoped this would fix anything. Swapped GPUs, and my gtx 1080 ti still doesn't work.

Warranty from EVGA ended on 1st September :(

I also opened GPU, and inspect it if something looks like it was burned or anything out of order, but it looks just fine.

Does anyone have any experience with applying for RMA, 2 months after product is out of warranty?

I was hoping to sell this GPU for around 350€, add another 350€ and buy RTX 3070 in January once there would be some stock of new cards. But I guess I don't have that kind of luck :(

unnamed2.thumb.jpg.f202ec5e6d1fade9443e73b342e139ba.jpg

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

do try and contact their support, explain your situation very nicely you might luck out and get a good agent on the phone or email.

also post  a good quality pic of the from and back of the bare pcb so people can paw over the pic 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

EVGA have a great track record with repairs. Most likely you won't be able to get it replaced though. Artifacts are (usually) caused by memory modules desoldering from the board due to prolonged usage or a memory module simply failing. Unfortunately you can't simply go out and buy GDDR5X memory so you're out of luck there. What you can do is email EVGA and ask them what would potential repair cost and given their great reputation they'll probably give you a quick and easy answer. Make sure to mention that you're just 2 months out of warranty (they might actually agree to at least try and repair it for free).

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    PowerColor 6950XT
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent
  • Storage
    A lot of SSDs
  • PSU
    Seasonic 1000W Platinum
  • Display(s)
    Main: ASUS PG27AQDM 240hz 1440p WOLED
    Secondary: Alienware AW2521HF 1080p 240hz
    Third: Samsung C34F791 UltraWide 1440p 100hz
    Fourth: LG 48' C2 OLED TV
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
  • Keyboard
    Ducky Shine 7
  • Mouse
    GPX Superlight
  • Sound
    Logitech Z906 / Sennheiser 560s / Rode NT-USB
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro

Thanks to both of you. I just wrote email to them, and hopefully they will at least offer to repair it :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB