Huananzhi X99-T8 FF Fault

Hey all! So after months of waiting for aliexpress shipping my Xeon E5-2678V3 and Huananzhi X99-t8 motherboard finally arrived! I got this after watching a few videos from craft computing and tech yes City, however it doesn't boot, I just get an FF Code. I've tried with 1 Ram stick, no RAM, on cardboard, etc. All what other forums have said. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone is able to help. Many Thanks.

20201026_184403.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For this MB code is FB~FF Reserved... or it also can mean Fully Functional.
In the factory they test those motherboards with just cpu+power. Try to install graphic card + cpu cooler and keyboard, perhaps the bios being silly and because is not detecting these devices is running in test mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Exact same problem. Did you figure it out? I used multiple sets of hardware even checked the bios. All I get is FF. 

From the factory they say it means cpu isn’t getting power, don’t really know where to go from here.

• 1 month later...

Hey Toby! I just saw your comment after searching for this error. I've got the same 'FF' code displayed on my motherboard once I turn off the computer. 

I never saw this displayed since I built this PC one month ago, but yesterday night once I turned off my PC I saw this error code.

Did you find any solution regarding this 'FF' code? The only thing I can find is FB~FF Reserved.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2021 at 9:12 AM, NickRiviera said:

Hey Toby! I just saw your comment after searching for this error. I've got the same 'FF' code displayed on my motherboard once I turn off the computer. 

I never saw this displayed since I built this PC one month ago, but yesterday night once I turned off my PC I saw this error code.

Did you find any solution regarding this 'FF' code? The only thing I can find is FB~FF Reserved.

Thanks!

After months of troubleshooting, I've had no luck. I even went out and bought and new CPU and mobo, I'm the desperate to get off of my old platform

On 17/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, offhusk said:

For this MB code is FB~FF Reserved... or it also can mean Fully Functional.
In the factory they test those motherboards with just cpu+power. Try to install graphic card + cpu cooler and keyboard, perhaps the bios being silly and because is not detecting these devices is running in test mode.

Just tried that. Absolutely no change. I'm trying with one stick of RAM, which I know works and a PSU, which I know works. Seems like my mobo is DOA

On 26/11/2020 at 5:36 PM, Brianx said:

Exact same problem. Did you figure it out? I used multiple sets of hardware even checked the bios. All I get is FF. 

I tried a new CPU and no change. Seems like a DOA mobo

On 26/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, Brianx said:

From the factory they say it means cpu isn’t getting power, don’t really know where to go from here.

Could be bad/not enough powered PSUs. Mine is a 650W but cheaper brand...(Aerocool) that could be it

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Try to move Jpwr1 jumper, wait for different codes. Shut down and put the jumper Jpwr1 in its original position. Good luck.

Also I see other people than tightening socket screws fix the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, diantel said:

Hello, Try to move Jpwr1 jumper, wait for different codes. Shut down and put the jumper Jpwr1 in its original position. Good luck.

Also I see other people than tightening socket screws fix the problem.

No luck, sits on FF as soon as I turn it on.

I may try tightening the socket screws.