Computer keeps on overheating

engineer gaming

Ok,so my Aorus X5 Laptop (2016) Keeps on Randomly thermal throttling. Anyone know any fixes?

I have 2 GTX 965M's,Intel i7-5600 And 32GB DDR3 

Dirty af cooling system, must be lots of dust inside. And repaste both of the CPU an GPU dies, it's 4 years since you bought it (assume you never actually taken care of it) so it must be dry already.

Arctic Cooling MX4 is good for it (personally using it and it's good enough). Or Noctua NT-H2 or even Thermal Grizzly one.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

39 minutes ago, engineer gaming said:

Because it's not effecting the GPU's at all.

Your laptop can be opened up from the bottom by removing a bunch of screws. I would also suggest removing the thermal paste and clean all contact surfaces before reapplying new paste. Pretty much any paste will be better than the old stuff. The GPUs have more thermal headroom and will not throttle as early as your cpu does. Clean the the heatsink with a can of compressed air or use a straw and blow into it. You should be able to remove a lot of dust that way. I like to position a vacuum hose behind it to catch all the loosened dust. I personally use Isopropyl-Alcohol to clean the heatsinks and Noctua NT-H1 as a paste. If you want some tiny bit more performance, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or Kingpin KP1 are also a good choice, but a fair bit more expensive.   

1 hour ago, engineer gaming said:

Ok,so my Aorus X5 Laptop (2016) Keeps on Randomly thermal throttling. Anyone know any fixes?

I have 2 GTX 965M's,Intel i7-5600 And 32GB DDR3 

If you have an air compressor, they work great for cleaning out pc vents. If you don't have one, I'd highly recommend picking up a cheap harbor freight 3 gallon! Open up the laptop and set the compressor for like 30-40psi, should clean it right up.

3 minutes ago, jeanluckpiccard said:

If you have an air compressor, they work great for cleaning out pc vents. If you don't have one, I'd highly recommend picking up a cheap harbor freight 3 gallon! Open up the laptop and set it for like 30-40psi, should clean it right up.

I used a pancake compressor for that at one time with an old build and it constantly ran, mainly because I put the PSI to 90, but made sure to not stick the end of the nozzle close, about 12" away. 

If you have a dry vac from a workshop and you can connect the hose to the return side, this does a decent job as well. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

17 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I used a pancake compressor for that at one time with an old build and it constantly ran, mainly because I put the PSI to 90, but made sure to not stick the end of the nozzle close, about 12" away. 

If you have a dry vac from a workshop and you can connect the hose to the return side, this does a decent job as well. 

90 psi is a crazy amount of air...I think the nozzle I have only allows 45 psi and that seems pretty powerful.

2 minutes ago, jeanluckpiccard said:

90 psi is a crazy amount of air...I think the nozzle I have only allows 45 psi and that seems pretty powerful.

90 was the max on the nozzle I got, also from Harbor Freight with that extension with a 45 angle in the last couple inches. It also came with a rubber nozzle that further restricted the outlet on the end of the extension. I don't use the compressor for cleaning the computer out anymore. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"